Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any thoughts on University of Miami?  (Read 1821 times)

beinlaw

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on University of Miami?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 11:20:58 AM »
If I end up going to UM, I would be just settling but no matter where I attend, I want to transfer out of there. I know, no guarantees but worth a shot right? What are some non-private schools that are good? I live in NYC...

beinlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
If I end up going to UM, I would be just settling but no matter where I attend, I want to transfer out of there. I know, no guarantees but worth a shot right? What are some non-private schools that are good? I live in NYC...

beinlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
Does anyone else have any thoughts about the school? Cost of living, quality of education, job placement, etc? Also, this is a more specific question, but how is their Sports and Entertainment program and do they have a lot of sports/entertainment related clubs, organizations, etc?

I know a couple things on their sports program:

1. Paul Dee, the former athletic director of the U teaches sports law there.
2. Some girl got an internship in the legal department for the Seattle Sonics last year- it was on their student profiles.
3. If an agent is what you want to be, forget about doing that in Miami- Drew Rosenhaus has a monopoly on the sports agent business here if you haven't heard.

Quaildogie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
Spanish is a must at 'many' firms in Miami. Also the cost for a school ranked in this region is not worth it unless you get one of the many great scholarships UM offers (usually they try to make it competitive with pubic tuition in FL). I would recommend FSU/UF law way before Miami, unless you are set on this. Also, you may want to look at Stetson.

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 03:46:58 AM »
The Stetson campus is beautiful, but isn't as close to as many firms as UMiami.

Cost of living is high, find roommates. $800-900/month for a 1 bedroom is common.