Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still Looking for a Summer Job? Visit LawStudentJobs.net  (Read 1204 times)

ams385

• View Profile
Still Looking for a Summer Job? Visit LawStudentJobs.net
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:27:41 PM »
Law firms may no longer be hiring for this summer, but there are still plenty of corporate and non-profit opportunities available for law students, you just need to know where to find them. LawStudentJobs.net is that place - it catalogs job opportunities available to current and graduating (3L) law students. New job listings are added daily.

http://www.LawStudentJobs.net

---------------------------------------------------

LawStudentJobs.net is my way of helping those law students out there who are still looking for internships and jobs for this upcoming summer. Having gone through the search during 1L year, and then having gone through recruitment season at the beginning of my 2L year, I know just how hard it is to find a position, especially in these tough economic times when positions that used to be there are no longer available.

What I realized during my first year is that my career services office didnít tell me anywhere near enough about the opportunities that were available and accessible through the click of a mouse. A simple cover letter and resume submission will give you access to many summer positions - the hard part is finding out about them.

I created this blog to help those law students who find themselves in the position I was at this time last year. Hopefully it will make your job search much easier and allow you to contribute more time to your studies.

ams385

• View Profile
Re: Still Looking for a Summer Job? Visit LawStudentJobs.net
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:09:22 AM »
Just an update - The site will be archiving all posts as of May 31st. Traffic has slowed down considerably over the past week I assume b/c of finals, but there are still plenty of new jobs that were posted, including a patent law internship at Apple if anyone here's an IP person.

I will continue to add posts as they come in, but I don't expect much more. So good luck in your summer job search and an on finals.

If there's anything you'd like to see in the next iteration of the site, please let me know. I'll be starting to add fall internships towards the end of May if there's stuff available.