Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova Law School- Any good??  (Read 30154 times)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nova Law School- Any good??
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 03:50:03 PM »
I am not applying to any schools with drop out rates in the double digits. Sorry I want to know that after all my hard damn work trying to get in, once I'm in I'd have to be actually trying to fail out to fail out.

But don't you think that wouldn't apply to you no matter where you go?  The lower tiered schools aren't booting out their best students.

I agree with your logic:  they're opening the doors wide, giving opportunities to people who otherwise couldn't go.  But if they can't hack it, they're sending them packing. 

If you're a person who could get admitted to better schools than that, if you went to the lower ranked school, you wouldn't be one of the folks they're weeding out, right? 

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
I am not applying to any schools with drop out rates in the double digits. Sorry I want to know that after all my hard damn work trying to get in, once I'm in I'd have to be actually trying to fail out to fail out.

But don't you think that wouldn't apply to you no matter where you go?  The lower tiered schools aren't booting out their best students.

I agree with your logic:  they're opening the doors wide, giving opportunities to people who otherwise couldn't go.  But if they can't hack it, they're sending them packing. 

If you're a person who could get admitted to better schools than that, if you went to the lower ranked school, you wouldn't be one of the folks they're weeding out, right?

Good point.  I might reconsider then and phrase it as: if the ONLY schools that will accept me have double-digit attrition rates, I won't go to law school.

I guess I would have one more wrench in the works if I'm accepted nearly everywhere I decide to apply...but only get a full scholarship from one with high failure rates...cause I want to have the freedom to exercise ALL options of a JD immediately upon graduation...can't do that adding too much debt to what I already have.  And if i stop working to do law school...I would need the financial aid to live off, not to be sucked up by tuition.

FLA_LAW

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »
anyone know any thing about nova? just gotaccepted- is it a good school?

also if I was accepted to nova would I get accepted to FIU-

thanks

Not a good school at all. High percentage of students got kicked out or dropped out.  And, IF you do end up graduating and passing the bar, you will have a up hill battle competing against UF, UM, and FSU kids. 

I have said this before, I will say it again, there are only 4 law schools in Florida worth considering, and they are UF, UM, FSU, and Stetson.  In the future, I might add FIU, but not at this moment.

You are ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT.  As a soon-to-be graduate of NSU Law, I would tell you to do your homework.  NSU Law has the THIRD HIGHEST Bar passage rate in the state of Florida (i.e. HIGHER than Florida, UM, AND Stetson).  And, the only reason that we were ranked third is because Ava Maria Law School had 1 (ONE!) student take the Florida Bar, and that 1 (ONE!) student passed, giving them a 100% passage rate.  Nova has one of the highest GPA normalizations in the COUNTRY (at a 2.67).  This means that it's much harder to stay in the program, and the people who do happen to become outstanding lawyers.  The only reason NSU Law is a Tier IV Law School is because of their AAMPLE program (of which I am personally a sucess-story).  AAMPLE provides an opportunity for students who otherwise may have not been accepted into law school to prove that they have what it takes to be a good lawyer (as oppossed to a good LSAT taker).