Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova Law School- Any good??  (Read 30291 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Nova Law School- Any good??
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2010, 01:18:12 AM »
you clearly never went to public schools. Most are union you do 5 years you have a job for life even if you stab a kid in the face.

That is also a sterotype plenty of teachers are talented. Can you belive that teachers get laid off though the market is so oversaturated and some peeople have trouble finding jobs. It is the worst decision of your life don't become a teacher OH MY GOD!! AHHH the horror the humanity. 

Get a teaching credential if you want to be a teacher, go to law school if you want to be a lawyer, go to medical school if you want to be a doctor, go to the police academcy if you want to be a cop, go to cosmetology school if you want to be a hairdress. Pretty freaking simple logic and that end of the day some people's dreams of becoming a cosmetolgoist might not come true maybe they will fail the licensing exam if there is one or fail out of school. People form Med School might not make it either. Education is a risk no matter what profession you are in or what school you go to.  There are no guarantees from Harvard or Western Career College. Even if someone from Harvard finishes number #1 in their class maybe they will hate the actual practice of law and a guy who finishes dead last at Cooley will be stoked to make 40k a year in Bum F**k Alaska.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2010, 09:12:38 AM »
I also want to point out how this bothered you as there is a stereotype that people who go to T14's only got their because of their family, or they don't understand how the real world works, they don't have good interview skills etc. I am sure that is not the case, but people say it and it bugs you. Particularly coming from me who has never set foot on an Ivy league Campus.

It bothers me because it's wrong, not so much because of who's saying it.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
Just like it is wrong that tier 4's have to kick out the bottom 25% of their class that is completely false. It is impossible to get a job from a tier 4 again completely false. It bugs me when people who have not even set foot on a tier 4 campus talk as if they are experts on it and say completely wrong things. Maybe they know someone who failed out of a tier 4 or did not pass the bar and yea that happens, but that is not how it turns out for the majority of tier 4 students who put the work in

I am sure there were people that fit the Ivy League stereotype perfectly at your school, but that is far from the majority I am sure. 

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2010, 02:48:02 PM »
Just like it is wrong that tier 4's have to kick out the bottom 25% of their class that is completely false. It is impossible to get a job from a tier 4 again completely false. It bugs me when people who have not even set foot on a tier 4 campus talk as if they are experts on it and say completely wrong things. Maybe they know someone who failed out of a tier 4 or did not pass the bar and yea that happens, but that is not how it turns out for the majority of tier 4 students who put the work in

I am sure there were people that fit the Ivy League stereotype perfectly at your school, but that is far from the majority I am sure.

Wait, are you suggesting that I've said things that are completely wrong?  Because neither example you throw out is anything resembling things that I've said.  ???

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 03:15:11 PM »
No not you other people, read the GGU thread on this forum for the individual schools. Where people say you will be relegated to working at McDonald's they kick out everybody blah blah that kind of b.s.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
No not you other people, read the GGU thread on this forum for the individual schools. Where people say you will be relegated to working at McDonald's they kick out everybody blah blah that kind of b.s.

You'll note that I try very hard not to exaggerate.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
 :P

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
:P

It's good practice.  People believe you less on everything when they think you're exaggerating on anything.  Generally, anyway.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »
That is why I post here because it is very scary for people considering tier 4/3 schools when people exaggerate horror stories such as 25% of the class gets kicked out. Not that you did, but people do and it is scary and you don't know or what to believe. All I am trying to say ever is that GGU and tier 4's are not some horrible places where the professors are doing meth during class. It is a law school and people are quite smart and the professors have a lot of experience and are quite knowledgeable. You learn the law at any law school that is the point of it. Use your common sense and know that Nova or Barry will not open the same doors as Harvard, but they are not terrible places bent on ruining your life. If you want to be a lawyer then go to law school that is it nothing else can be said about it. It will be more difficult to make money find employment from Nova, but it will be far from impossible and odds are you will end up with something.

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
That is why I post here because it is very scary for people considering tier 4/3 schools when people exaggerate horror stories such as 25% of the class gets kicked out. Not that you did, but people do and it is scary and you don't know or what to believe. All I am trying to say ever is that GGU and tier 4's are not some horrible places where the professors are doing meth during class. It is a law school and people are quite smart and the professors have a lot of experience and are quite knowledgeable. You learn the law at any law school that is the point of it. Use your common sense and know that Nova or Barry will not open the same doors as Harvard, but they are not terrible places bent on ruining your life. If you want to be a lawyer then go to law school that is it nothing else can be said about it. It will be more difficult to make money find employment from Nova, but it will be far from impossible and odds are you will end up with something.

Honestly I don't think people analyze the drop out rate properly.

It's a GOOD thing the poorer ranked schools kick out folks in high numbers...it proves they are teaching the same thing the higher ranked schools are teaching.

Just the higher ranked schools if you get in you know their admissions standards pretty much ensure you have what it takes to graduate and become a lawyer (watch the bar pass rate)...while the lower ranked schools getting in means nothing really cause they WILL let you in knowing full well you can't make the cut.

One type of schools does all its filtering before the first day of class.

The other type does half the filtering before and half the filtering after...

I am not applying to any schools with drop out rates in the double digits. Sorry I want to know that after all my hard damn work trying to get in, once I'm in I'd have to be actually trying to fail out to fail out.