Law School Discussion

Nova Law School- Any good??

cooleylawstudent

Re: Nova Law School- Any good??
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
yeah, and yet you keep saying "daddy cant afford to send me there" "I plan to live with daddy untill I graduate and two years after that too" and you live in MN. Which Ivy Leagues do you think are in MN?

My plans are to go to an Ivy League or Northwestern. While you go to Cooley because you didn't cut it for an actual law school, doesn't mean I am in the same boat. You had to go to the military because you obviously didn't cut it for a scholarship, then go to a community college for law because you, again, didn't cut it. I do cut it obviously.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
You can't read nor comprehend obviously. I said, I will be living with my parents until I am finished with undergrad, then when I do pass the LSAT with my intended score, I plan on going to either Harvard, Yal, Stanford, Northwestern, or NYU. Basically, an out-of-state school. Although, Minnesota does have some good schools of law like Mitchell (if you want to practice in the MN market) and the U of M, which both are better than Cooley.

If you want to go on a tangent bull post about MN. It is projected that Minnesota will be a sought after state by most people. Its population rate if going up, the job market in the sciences, securities, businesses, real estate, income, and even job outlook is rising as well. We didn't experience a real estate collapse like most other states. That should tell you something.

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 11:11:49 AM »
You can't read nor comprehend obviously. I said, I will be living with my parents until I am finished with undergrad, then when I do pass the LSAT with my intended score, I plan on going to either Harvard, Yal, Stanford, Northwestern, or NYU. Basically, an out-of-state school. Although, Minnesota does have some good schools of law like Mitchell (if you want to practice in the MN market) and the U of M, which both are better than Cooley.

If you want to go on a tangent bull post about MN. It is projected that Minnesota will be a sought after state by most people. Its population rate if going up, the job market in the sciences, securities, businesses, real estate, income, and even job outlook is rising as well. We didn't experience a real estate collapse like most other states. That should tell you something.

lol I've been there, isn't MN buried under a hundred feet of snow and ice every year?

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
Yes, but that does not take away from its growth factor. That is only a few months out of the winter calender anyway. In the summer we don't go much over 90 degrees and the state is beautiful during all seasons of the year. The fall is even more nice. One of the reasons why I am going to practice law in this state is because it is relatively peaceful, beautiful, and job growth is going up.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
What undergrad did you go to that makes you so amazing first off. Then when will you take the actual LSAT, how are you criticizing people for something you have not even done yourself yet

. I have one final question have you EVER had a job In your entire life?  Working for your parents does not count.  You write as if you have never worked a day in your life, am I right in that assumption?

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 02:20:58 PM »
I currently attend Carleton which is a tier 1 and ranked 8th in all the Midwestern colleges. It is very hard to get into Carleton though because they like to keep the college small and keeps its prestigious image. Not only that, Carleton believes its a college that fosters and creates more students valuable to society than any other college. The curriculum and competition is rough. Mainly due to most students being above average IQ and going to prep school, some from public schools, the competition is rough. You have to be at a 3.3 to just be the average student. Students with a 3.8 and above get on the deans list and are considered near the top percentile, but the top percentile are those with a 3.9 and 4.0.

I criticize him for not applying logic to his post which is within my right to do so as an American and a person who would like people to uphold logic as well. You certainly need to do just that.

What would you consider a job? I have done volunteer work in the legal field that I did not get paid for and did not want to get paid for. I did some inner city tutoring when I was 18, helping high school students get a better grade in math and science. But, in terms of actually holding a paid job, no, I did not need to hold a job as I had money of my own that was given to me by my parents. No need to work a menial job when you are given more per week than what you would get working in a retail department. My volunteer work was much better anyway as I was helping people become better, and helping myself be more prepared for law. I still do volunteer work. In any case, I have never held a job that I was actually paid for and had a consistent salary.

I will be taking the LSAT in the fall to answer your last question. When I do get a high score, I will confirm it with a picture with me in it and possibly a video just to prove it. Pictures can be doctored, so a video will suffice.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »
Oh Carleton 8th in the Midwestern Colleges NO WAY!!!! What are the 7 schools ranked higher Timbuktu State? Well I have never heard of this "prestigious" school and I imagine neither have a lot of people.  I went to Chico State which is the 2nd best 4 year college in California North of Sacramento so eat that. 

Well the day you take the Real LSAT and work a REAL job then start talking dude. Believe it or not when you graduate law school you will not be appointed to the Supreme Court and you will not be a partner you will have to be the lowest rung lawyer when you graduate and do real work and even have to do  some document review no matter what school you went to,. Believe it or not people won't pay you to sit around telling them how smart you are and an internship and real job are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.  The only way to learn that lesson is to actually work, but with the way you write and think I don't know if anyone will actually ever pay you to do anything.

It is quite easy to do a good job as a volunteer, because nobody has any expectations of you, it is for free.  Nobody cares what you do the day someone starts paying you then the standards get a lot f'ing higher and if you want one of these BigLaw jobs you will have real pressure, because if someone is going to pay you 200k you better damn will be worth it and that will be pressure, which you have obviously never experienced.

Fine take the LSAT that is the bare minimum of anything and even if you get a 180 that is the first step and you can still finish dead last in whatever law school go to. The day you start your first day of law school your LSAT will not mean jack.

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:11 PM »
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northfield-mn/carleton-college-2340

^ Carleton, the school I attend currently. By the way, I will be taking the LSAT this fall and I bet I will score higher than your measly 155.

The way I think and write and me not being paid to do anything is completely irrelevant to what I will do once I am in the employment field. Right now, I speak and write in two different manners. Here, I am more informal and now more hostile, when I am writing basic 6 page essays and the like, I am much more formal and less hostile. I think I will get further as my intelligence is above that of 140 which is already high enough. Most kids in law school are just gifted students.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
8th best liberal arts college neat that's getting pretty specific I am sure a lot of admissions committees will have never heard of it and won't care. Anyways, by all means get a 180 on the LSAT get straight A's and get a BigLaw job and then you can say how easy law school was and how all your experiences helped you land a great job. Until then you have no idea what will happen so you are talking out of your a**. You have even taken the first step into going to law school, which is the LSAT that is the first baby step and you haven't even taken that yet so you have no idea what you are talking about. By all means prove me wrong, but until all that happens you can't really say anything and neither can I, because I am only a 1L and you are a 0L who has not even taken the LSAT yet.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »
I think that its funny how he plans to leave daddys house now(all of the sudden) but still wants to move back in for 2 years latter after graduation,

Mommy going to keep teddy and your onesie just as you left them while your gone? :'(