1 (25%)
need high LSAT score
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

African American Female

African American Female
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
Hello,
I have decided (for some time now) to go to law school.  I will graduate from Cal State Fullerton in May '09 and plan to take the LSAT on 9/26/09.  I can only attend law school in California because of family obligations.  My question is, with a gpa of 3.0 what would I need to score on the LSAT to get into Tier 1 and Tier 2 schools?  I have worked in the legal field for over 10 years and been a secretary for 7.  Thanks!

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: African American Female
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
Being AA will help a ton.

I think 165+, you're in anywhere. 155+, you're still fightin' at most places.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
Thank you for responding.  I was actually thinking that I would have to score over 160, so I'm going to take the TestMaster course and give it my very best shot with lots of studying.  Any other tips would be helpful.  Thanks again. 

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:41 PM »
apply early

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »
I do plan to apply early, however, I am taking the 9/26 LSAT and aren't most applications due 10/1?  Is it wise to submit applications without knowing your score yet or should I wait until I receive my score?  Thanks. 

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »
October is when most schools start taking applications.  EA or ED due dates tend to be within a month or so of 10/1, but most schools continue taking apps until at least February, some take them almost up until the start of school (these tend to be the T4 schools).  So, if you want to submit after you receive your score, you should be able to get all your apps in by November 1st, if they're ready to go.  Good luck!

SASS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
Yeah, october is the start date. You will have your LSAT score in October, probably so you will still be applying relatively early, assuming you are happy with your score. Keep in mind some schools (most maybe) have rolling admissions so the earlier it is in, the better. But applying in the month of October should be sufficient.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »
Hello,
I have decided (for some time now) to go to law school.  I will graduate from Cal State Fullerton in May '09 and plan to take the LSAT on 9/26/09.  I can only attend law school in California because of family obligations.  My question is, with a gpa of 3.0 what would I need to score on the LSAT to get into Tier 1 and Tier 2 schools?  I have worked in the legal field for over 10 years and been a secretary for 7.  Thanks!

Hey, I got to Fullerton too...maybe we can exchange study tips for the LSAT...

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »
I agree with "Ninja1" and "That One", you are going to need to apply early and try to get a LSAT score of 160. I also graduated with a 3.0 gpa and scored a 155 on my LSAT, and i can tell you it really is a struggle.don't forget that your LSAC gpa might have you dropping about .3 points bringing you down to about a 2.7gpa. APPLY EARLY AND AIM FOR 160+.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »
I agree with "Ninja1" and "That One", you are going to need to apply early and try to get a LSAT score of 160. I also graduated with a 3.0 gpa and scored a 155 on my LSAT, and i can tell you it really is a struggle.don't forget that your LSAC gpa might have you dropping about .3 points bringing you down to about a 2.7gpa. APPLY EARLY AND AIM FOR 160+.

So my advice of 165 doesn't cover it?