Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of getting into UWindsor, USask and UNB with these stats?  (Read 2488 times)

shattered

• View Profile
My shameful stats:
GPA: roughly 78% from University of Toronto
LSAT: Written it three times; average is 152 with the highest at 153

So with these pitiful stats I applied to UWindsor's LLB and JD/LLB programs this year (as I did last year). Also this year I applied to USask and UNB...but my problem with them is that they give regional priorities...and my province isnt one of them.

What hope do I have of getting into any of these law schools this year?
Thanks

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of getting into UWindsor, USask and UNB with these stats?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
You would probably have the best chances getting admitted to uWindsor. But I wouldn't count on it.

Your GPA is slightly higher than their average, and your LSAT is about 4 points below their average (which makes a huge difference when one is speaking of percentile scores in the 150 range).

As for UNB and USask, I believe both your LSAT and GPA would be considered uncompetitive. Each has an average LSAT around 160, and GPA between 3.5 and 3.75. But if you can come up with a really compelling reason to attend law school, you might convince them to at least consider your application.

Best of Luck.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of getting into UWindsor, USask and UNB with these stats?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:18 AM »
BTW, I would still recommend retaking the LSAT. Maybe wait until you're eligible for a retake.

I'm also a UofT student. With a 3.7 GPA (approx 83%).

I scored a 155 on the LSAT the first time due to extremely high anxiety (in October). I scored a 173 my second time in February. Ultimately, once you're finished your undergrad, the LSAT is the key stat which is still in your control.