Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taken LSAT twice, third times a charm? Question.  (Read 1243 times)

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Taken LSAT twice, third times a charm? Question.
« on: March 08, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
I have studied for this test twice, the second time I did better than the first. I am planning on studying about 2hr a day for the June Test starting March 15th (my spring break officially starts and almost all my work will be done for the semester- yes I have easy education courses  ::) ). Anyway, do you think this will be enough time, too much time or maybe not enough?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. I am taking a Kaplan Course on the higher-score guarantee. I got a 151 then a 154 (I could have studied more both times and I really just was not in a good place mentally then). I am going for a 160+

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Taken LSAT twice, third times a charm? Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
2 hrs/day is weaksauce, especially if you're on a break.  I'd bump that up a little.  It doesn't have to be all in one sitting, but 2 hrs?  What are you doing with the rest of your time?

nooyyllib

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:25:53 PM »
Lol true that earlcat.

I do 3-4 hrs a day when i have classes and whole day on days I don't.  still hanging around 165s. diagnostic was 152. my goal is 170+ by June 08.

Good luck.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »
2 hrs/day is weaksauce, especially if you're on a break.  I'd bump that up a little.  It doesn't have to be all in one sitting, but 2 hrs?  What are you doing with the rest of your time?

Duly Noted. What do you suggest? I mean I have a girlfriend, and a part-time job. That takes up some of my time.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

Wait, seriously?  2h/day * approx. 75 days = 150 hours.  150 hours + a course is, what, at least 30 preptests plus time to review them and do other exercises?  How could this not be enough?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »

Wait, seriously?  2h/day * approx. 75 days = 150 hours.  150 hours + a course is, what, at least 30 preptests plus time to review them and do other exercises?  How could this not be enough?

I needed more than that...

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

Okay, I mean, I can't fight with the experts.  I was just surprised.  This sounds like a lot of prep for a test that's not knowledge-based, especially for someone who has already taken it twice (and presumably prepped before).
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »

I guess everyone is different. I'm going to aim for about 2hr 30 minutes per day. That's as long as an extra class every day of the week, so I should be able to manage that.

2 hr 30 min per day X 80-81 days (june 3-4th) = enough time for me.

Thanks for all the responses in this thread, I'll keep y'all abreast of my scores on prepTests.

lsatprofessor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »
if you are really diligent and actually do 2.5 hours a day for 80 days, then you should be good to go.  most people study far less than they intend.  of course, it also depends on if you are studying smart with those 2.5 hours: using the time to focus on those sections and questions types where you need the most help.  go over every single question that you get wrong until you thoroughly understand why the right answer is right and the wrong answers are wrong.

Good Luck!

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »
if you are really diligent and actually do 2.5 hours a day for 80 days, then you should be good to go.  most people study far less than they intend.  of course, it also depends on if you are studying smart with those 2.5 hours: using the time to focus on those sections and questions types where you need the most help.  go over every single question that you get wrong until you thoroughly understand why the right answer is right and the wrong answers are wrong.

Good Luck!

Thank you lsatprofessor. I think the most important thing to me is going over the wrong answer choices. I did not do this as much as I should of last time I took the LSAT. Thank you.