Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Housing Thread  (Read 8044 times)

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Summer Housing Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »
I'm looking for a room in DC, ideally not very far (say 3 mile radius) from the 17th block of K street NW. Adams Morgan area would be cool, but open to most anything.
HLS 2010

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 06:32:48 PM »
Just FYI, anything that's outside a 3 mile radius from the 17th block of K street NW isn't in DC, but Maryland or Virginia. 
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
Actually you can go roughly 7 miles in any cardinal direction from the 17th block of K-street and still be in DC (seriously, bust out google earth). The nearest DC border is 4.31 miles according to K-street, but the point is well taken - my requires are loose and cover a very large portion of the city. I'm not terribly picky, I don't mind walking a bit or riding my bike. I of course wouldn't be crazy about south-east but also don't want to count out some very nice areas just because its not a short walk to work:)

Anyway, let me know if you come across anyone subletting in the area, the closer the better all else equal.
HLS 2010

Kiwiki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
I'm looking to sublet my large studio right by the law school in Ann Arbor, MI.  For CHEAP!

I know it's a vibrant legal market that will draw many law students in for their summer jobs...  :P I thought I'd give it a shot here anyway.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
Actually you can go roughly 7 miles in any cardinal direction from the 17th block of K-street and still be in DC (seriously, bust out google earth).

Only if you go due north (according to Gmap-pedomiter which allows you to measure lines on the map). Any other direction is 3-4 miles (or less going south SW) I guess I didn't count Anacostia- I don't really think of it as DC. But I think we agree on the central point.  ;D
Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »
New Orleans 1 BR Creole shotgun cottage with yard. $700/month.  I know everyone is coming here for summer, so don't push. Line forms to the left.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
SPOKEN FOR.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Now who's being naive?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
Looking for a place in the Twin Cities area, MN, would prefer closer to Minneapolis, I have a dog too. Looking for June-August but can be flexible. Anyone want to recommend a nice area to live in there as well?

For the summer, look in Uptown.  If you're going to UMN in the fall, also look in Uptown.  Minneapolis CL is the best for sublets - we got our current 2BR duplex sublet three blocks from Lake Harriet for $850/month and a 4BR house a few block away for June 1 (1-3 yr lease) through CL.  If you have any questions about areas in Uptown/TheLakes, shoot me a PM (or if you want me to drive by an address to let you know about the neighborhood.)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Leverandon

• AOL Instant Messenger - NadoSteve
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »
Looking to sublet my room in a four bedroom house for the summer in New Orleans. It will be fully furnished with a queen sized bed, dresser, shelves, and a few other things. Fully stocked kitchen and washer/dryer in the back. Other three roommates are chill, early-20s guys. Uptown, close to the streetcar.

I know that New Orleans isn't exactly the place to come during the summer...but just giving it a shot. $550 / mo.

treefity350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
Looking for a place in LA for me and the wife for the summer--preferably Santa Monica, but would take anything within a half hour of Century City. Must be cool with a dog.

Also, I'm subletting my place in Chicago--it's in Hyde Park; not the best neighborhood, but it's a HUGE 1 BR and cheap (850/mo)--available June 1 to Aug 31
Remember when I was at the picnic - the company picnic - and I hit the ball over the fence? You guys didn't think I'd catch it too but I did. I'm fast as s**t - 17 stolen bases in '72, 18 in '91.