Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Arkansas at Little Rock decided students?  (Read 4994 times)

Clara Bear

• View Profile
Re: University of Arkansas at Little Rock decided students?
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »
Esquire -- I grew up in central Arkansas.  I never thought I would settle down here, but I moved away for a while and really wanted to come back.  Go figure.  One thing I love about Little Rock is that the city is really trying to improve; building hiking trails and bike lanes and revitalizing older areas of the city.  Plus if you want to visit a big city, Memphis is only 2 hours away.  Dallas is also within reasonable driving distance.

I've really enjoyed being at UALR so far.  I've only had one professor that I probably wouldn't take another class from; the rest have been great.  Even the scary ones are really approachable outside of class.  The academic dean is also excellent, but he's leaving at the end of the summer.  Career services is kind of hit or miss sometimes, but they're getting better.

There are tons of opportunities around the city.  There are large firms (for the area), medium and small firms, as well as about a million different courts since it's the state capitol.  You have to be proactive sometimes, though, if you're not trying to get a job through OCIs, just like anywhere else I suppose.

As far as the students go, I haven't felt that people are really adversarial.  There's competition just because people are competitive, but it's all friendly.  I'm in the PT program but I know lots of the FT students through organizations and clerkships, and the vibe seems pretty similar.  The biggest difference is that the PT program has a lot more older and second career students.

I hope that kind of answered your question.  If it didn't or if you're wondering about any thing else, just let me know!

AuNaturale

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 01:29:59 PM »
To those of you who may not know already, there is a facebook group for the class of 2012. I believe its called UALR school of law-Class of 2012! If you don't find it let me know!

AuNaturale

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
K the exact title is.. UALR- Bowen School of Law-Class of 2012