Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT, High School Senior  (Read 1067 times)

Spikedude

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT, High School Senior
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
I'm a senior in high school and I intend to take the LSAT this upcoming June. I decided to do this because if I were to get a very low score it wouldn't matter, since I have very little experience with law and I'm still in high school. However, if I were to earn a reputable score, there would be lots of benefits and it would help me decided between engineering and law.

I was wondering if there was anyone in this forum that could offer me some advice, enlighten me with the type of score I should aim for, and other helpful tips.

Thank you.

Aluhks

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT, High School Senior
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »
The only upside I can possibly imagine to this is that if you got a bad score you could easily let the five year time its valid for expire and re-take after college/time off from college. Beyond that, what are the benefits you think it will provide? I don't think it will help for college admissions.

Also, now is probably not the time to decide between engineering and law. Keep in mind that you can always do engineering as an undergrad and then decide to go to law school if you decide that it would be a better choice. What you study in undergrad will not have any effect on getting into law school (except maybe to the extent that an easier major might make maintaining a high GPA easier - but that's a really unwise ground on which to pick a major).

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
taking the LSAT will not help you to decide to go to law school. They do not test you on the law on the LSAT.

Spikedude

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
The benefits would be that my dad would probably be willing to fund college/law school if I do well, and I know the LSAT does not test law but it does test for favorable traits that are good predictors of your success in law.

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
How did you do on the SATs?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
i hate to break it to you, but it's very possible (in fact it's likely) that you'll pursue a major you haven't even thought of yet.  i started college expecting to major in english or journalism and ended up with a degree in integrated marketing communications.  i loved my major, i never considered anything similar to it until i went to college.  do yourself a favor and give yourself time to decide on what you want with your life without having your parents influence that.  you're only 18 and you're completely allowed to take a breath and enjoy yourself before deciding on what do to with your life.

Joey Porsche

• Ya feels me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:07:43 PM »
The benefits would be that my dad would probably be willing to fund college/law school if I do well, and I know the LSAT does not test law but it does test for favorable traits that are good predictors of your success in law.

This is flame.  No one's dad would withhold college money because his highschooler didn't have a high LSAT score.

Joey

Spikedude

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
You've obviously never met my dad. He has his own business, drives two nice cars, owns a boat and a wave runner. Has a house here and in Peru.

Meanwhile my mom works two minimum wage jobs, I work, I go to school, and I am fully relying on my Bright Futures Scholarship to pay 100% of my tuition. And as far as dorm/meal plan/books I am going to use the money I will get from FAFSA, because my mom barely has any money to support out family. Our house is this close from foreclosure and we are counting on the two new plans Obama has set up to prevent us from losing the house.

So please shut up because you have no idea what my life is like, and the kind of father I have.

My score on the SAT was a 1440, I never studied or prepared, I just winged it my junior year in march.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
You've obviously never met my dad. He has his own business, drives two nice cars, owns a boat and a wave runner. Has a house here and in Peru.

Meanwhile my mom works two minimum wage jobs, I work, I go to school, and I am fully relying on my Bright Futures Scholarship to pay 100% of my tuition. And as far as dorm/meal plan/books I am going to use the money I will get from FAFSA, because my mom barely has any money to support out family. Our house is this close from foreclosure and we are counting on the two new plans Obama has set up to prevent us from losing the house.

So please shut up because you have no idea what my life is like, and the kind of father I have.

My score on the SAT was a 1440, I never studied or prepared, I just winged it my junior year in march.

That's a really low score, given that the SAT is now out of 2400.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:21:41 AM »
I think it's obvious that none of us have met your dad.

HAHAHA, he has a house in Peru..thats f'ing hilarious!!

You should have said he owns a wave runner sooner...changes everything.

Lamest thread ever.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN