Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL OCI  (Read 2281 times)

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WUSTL OCI
« on: March 06, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
I am at a T4, top 8% and feel as though I might have a reasonable shot at WUSTL EA.  I applied already and am keeping my fingers crossed.

That being said, I have heard OCI at WUSTL is lackluster, considering its reputation and rank.  Is this true?  Obviously the career prospects out of WUSTL would be heads and shoulders above the T4 I'm at right now.

Can anyone here speak to this?  If I don't get into GULC but I get in here, I will go regardless.  However, it would be nice to know if OCI isn't that great and try and establish connections on my own.  Thoughts?

cheers.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: WUSTL OCI
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »
However, it would be nice to know if OCI isn't that great and try and establish connections on my own.  Thoughts?
cheers.

Do this regardless, its better to have connections and not need them, than to need connections and not have them.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
However, it would be nice to know if OCI isn't that great and try and establish connections on my own.  Thoughts?
cheers.

Do this regardless, its better to have connections and not need them, than to need connections and not have them.

word

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
All I know about WUSTL OCI is that I ran into a bunch of WUSTL kids during callbacks at DC firms (didnt have any in my summer class though, so I dont know if they got jobs at better places or just didnt receive offers). 

Jen4463

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »
I'm a 1L at WUSTL and from what we've been told, this upcoming OCI should be MUCH better than in the past.  The new Dean of Career Services, Mike Spivey, has been working his tail off to get a lot more employers both in the off-campus OCI's and on campus. 

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »
I'm a 1L at WUSTL and from what we've been told, this upcoming OCI should be MUCH better than in the past.  The new Dean of Career Services, Mike Spivey, has been working his tail off to get a lot more employers both in the off-campus OCI's and on campus. 

Nice! Thanks for the info.  I really hope I get accepted :)

petethebody

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
Wustl 3L OCI will likely be abysmal this fall (Fall 2009) by Tier 1 standards.  That having been said, that has to do entirely with the economy.  You can argue the pros and cons of whether a firm will want to hire you over a 3L who is reinterviewing based upon start dates, economic projections or whatever stigma (good or bad) you want to go by.

However, rest assured that it will be infinitely better than your T4 OCI.  I am surprised, but Vandy's OCI has a lot more employers than we do.  But, as I recall, Vandy counts every office that a firm is interviewing for as a separate.

Long story short: transfer if you can afford the full tuition.  It's expensive; be mature about your decision.  Hope for the best, but plan on having a job that makes about 50k out of law school.

Wustl 3L Transfer