Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell ASD Thread  (Read 1431 times)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell ASD Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »
The facilities were great.  Everything seemed in great shape, and it was a beautiful law school.  There were plenty of places to study, and there was even a squash court in the law school (weird, I know..). 

I attended a civ pro class taught by Prof. Clermont.  He's apparently a star prof (he coauthored the casebook they use), and he definitely lived up to his reputation.  He made it interesting, covered points well, and even cracked a few jokes.  The class seemed to follow along well, and everyone seemed like they were happy to be at Cornell.

You should definitely go to an ASD.  There were quite a few people there who were fairly undecided until they went to the ASD.  The school will really leave a good impression.  Everyone from the faculty, to the administration, to the students seemed very happy to be a part of Cornell law, and there was a very strong feeling of community at the school. 

Check it out.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 01:21:57 AM »

You were at the ASD?  Which class did you go to?

Nope, I couldn't make it to this ASD so I made this post for those who went to share their thoughts.  I was going to try the later March ASD, but now I may push it back to April 3rd...dunno  :-\

YESSS!!! Come to the April 3rd ASW, so I won't be the only LSDer there!
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cornell University Law School Class of 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 03:39:49 AM »
YESSS!!! Come to the April 3rd ASW, so I won't be the only LSDer there!

Hahaha! "LSDer," sounds like we're on drugs!  :P
If I had known my next breath would be my last, I would have held it longer...

eyeoftheligrr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
When does Cornell start handing out cash?  I don't see any on lsn.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »
Some people have already heard.  You will not hear anything unless you have all your financial aid stuff submitted.

The deadline is Friday, so get cracking if you haven't!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
I want some cash!!! So I sent in my stuff already. I got an email today saying they were reviewing aid applications for completeness.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »
The facilities were great.  Everything seemed in great shape, and it was a beautiful law school.  There were plenty of places to study, and there was even a squash court in the law school (weird, I know..). 

I attended a civ pro class taught by Prof. Clermont.  He's apparently a star prof (he coauthored the casebook they use), and he definitely lived up to his reputation.  He made it interesting, covered points well, and even cracked a few jokes.  The class seemed to follow along well, and everyone seemed like they were happy to be at Cornell.

You should definitely go to an ASD.  There were quite a few people there who were fairly undecided until they went to the ASD.  The school will really leave a good impression.  Everyone from the faculty, to the administration, to the students seemed very happy to be a part of Cornell law, and there was a very strong feeling of community at the school. 

Check it out.

This kid tells it like it is.

Love,

a Cornell 1L (who conveniently sat in front of comotellamas in that civpro class)
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

Aluhks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 04:16:38 PM »
Clermont is almost as smart as he thinks he is.

But he is an excellent lecturer.

Cornell is a great place to be.