Law School Discussion

Cornell ASD Thread

CTL

• View Profile
Re: Cornell ASD Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:04:48 PM »
The facilities were great.  Everything seemed in great shape, and it was a beautiful law school.  There were plenty of places to study, and there was even a squash court in the law school (weird, I know..). 

I attended a civ pro class taught by Prof. Clermont.  He's apparently a star prof (he coauthored the casebook they use), and he definitely lived up to his reputation.  He made it interesting, covered points well, and even cracked a few jokes.  The class seemed to follow along well, and everyone seemed like they were happy to be at Cornell.

You should definitely go to an ASD.  There were quite a few people there who were fairly undecided until they went to the ASD.  The school will really leave a good impression.  Everyone from the faculty, to the administration, to the students seemed very happy to be a part of Cornell law, and there was a very strong feeling of community at the school. 

Check it out.

sheltron5000

• All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »

You were at the ASD?  Which class did you go to?

Nope, I couldn't make it to this ASD so I made this post for those who went to share their thoughts.  I was going to try the later March ASD, but now I may push it back to April 3rd...dunno  :-\

YESSS!!! Come to the April 3rd ASW, so I won't be the only LSDer there!

YouShouldFeelPrivileged

• Cornell University Law School Class of 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 01:39:49 AM »
YESSS!!! Come to the April 3rd ASW, so I won't be the only LSDer there!

Hahaha! "LSDer," sounds like we're on drugs!  :P

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »
When does Cornell start handing out cash?  I don't see any on lsn.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »
Some people have already heard.  You will not hear anything unless you have all your financial aid stuff submitted.

The deadline is Friday, so get cracking if you haven't!

sheltron5000

• All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
I want some cash!!! So I sent in my stuff already. I got an email today saying they were reviewing aid applications for completeness.

woeisme

• Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
The facilities were great.  Everything seemed in great shape, and it was a beautiful law school.  There were plenty of places to study, and there was even a squash court in the law school (weird, I know..). 

I attended a civ pro class taught by Prof. Clermont.  He's apparently a star prof (he coauthored the casebook they use), and he definitely lived up to his reputation.  He made it interesting, covered points well, and even cracked a few jokes.  The class seemed to follow along well, and everyone seemed like they were happy to be at Cornell.

You should definitely go to an ASD.  There were quite a few people there who were fairly undecided until they went to the ASD.  The school will really leave a good impression.  Everyone from the faculty, to the administration, to the students seemed very happy to be a part of Cornell law, and there was a very strong feeling of community at the school. 

Check it out.

This kid tells it like it is.

Love,

a Cornell 1L (who conveniently sat in front of comotellamas in that civpro class)

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »
Clermont is almost as smart as he thinks he is.

But he is an excellent lecturer.

Cornell is a great place to be.