Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 774 times)

rb247

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to go?
« on: March 05, 2009, 05:40:42 PM »
Right now I'm into a number of schools and need some help deciding.  I hoped to live in a warm climate, but my best (ranked) school is Wisconsin.  I'm also into Pepperdine, Tulane, Temple, Richmond, Rutgers and U Conn.  I am still waiting on a few, but any advice would help.

luvcats

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »
go to the highest ranked school you get into

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »
Factors to consider: employment prospects, location, debt.

None of those schools are national, so you should definitely not go to the highest ranked school you get into unless you are happy with the location and the level of debt.

This is a good article to read if you are not attending a national school: http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1207904889498

go to the highest ranked school you get into
::)

worst advice ever.

Scribner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:33:28 PM »
If you're smart, you won't go to any of them.

Those are all mediocre schools, so go to the one in the area where you want to practice.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »
If you're smart, you won't go to any of them.

Those are all mediocre schools, so go to the one in the area where you want to practice.

You come across as a very arrogant little person who needs to attend a prestigious law school to validate yourself.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

NMUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:26:46 PM »
Go to the best school you can get into even if you will be horribly miserable and drop out after a semester.

Boring responses from some people.  You said that you like a warm climate.  I can understand, I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan.  So these are all regional schools because they are not among the best fourteen in the nation.  The best advice I can give is to go visit the schools and the areas and find out where you feel the best in and what program you like the best.  Most likely you will get your first job in the same area so you need to be sure that you will be happy there.  Personally I would pick Temple, for reasons that pertain to me and may not to you.  Pepperdine is going to have unreal cost of living although it is beautiful, New Orleans is starting to turn around but you never know with that stuff for Tulane, so it is hard to say but I would try to visit the ones that you feel you like the most and go from there

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
consider (probably among some other factors I'm forgetting so late) finances, whether you'd like to live in the school's region post-grad, whether the region is saturated with superior schools, whether academically the school is a good fit.