Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Colorado 1L taking questions...  (Read 2297 times)

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Colorado 1L taking questions...
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »
I love this place; any questions?

iamluke20

• View Profile
Re: Colorado 1L taking questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is where I am headed.  Any suggestions about housing?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »
tag so I keep up.

Some adivice from the do as I say not as I do file: don't wait till your last semester to take the MPRE!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »

Depends on a couple of things. Do you want a roomate or two? Do you want to drive or take the bus? Do you want to be close to social activities in Boulder, or further away for quiet study. Do you prefer a house or an apartment?

iamluke20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »

Depends on a couple of things. Do you want a roomate or two? Do you want to drive or take the bus? Do you want to be close to social activities in Boulder, or further away for quiet study. Do you prefer a house or an apartment?

Well those are good questions....  Any advice on those is helpful as well.

For now I think I would like to live in an apartment, preferably with one roomate, and closer to campus would be better (I think).  I do not mind driving, however.  I don't think I need some sort of fortress of solitude, so closer to social activities would be a plus.

Thanks for the advice.

Put em up!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »

Well those are good questions....  Any advice on those is helpful as well.

For now I think I would like to live in an apartment, preferably with one roomate, and closer to campus would be better (I think).  I do not mind driving, however.  I don't think I need some sort of fortress of solitude, so closer to social activities would be a plus.

Thanks for the advice.

One place I'd suggest is around baseline and foothills area.  It seems to get overlooked by people when they look for housing.  There are quite a few condo and apartment complexes in that area with reasonable rents. The area is also comprised of families / young professionals so it is more low key. 

The drive from there to the law school is about 5 minutes, the bike ride about 7 at the max (you can realistically get to the hill from there in 10 minutes if you are pedaling hard). You can also catch the bus right up baseline onto broadway as well. Only real downside is that it is not as closen to downtown, but bike ride there takes about 15-20 min and you can basically stay on bike paths the whole time to avoid traffic.

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
I liked living at canterwood (eisenhower + arapahoe) more than close to campus.  I got a nice, quiet apt, with a view of the front range, and it was still a quick drive to class - though i could've taken a bus.  It had a decent little gym just outside my building too.  I felt I got more bang for my buck being a few minutes outside of campus.

Downtown, near pearl st. is a total rip though.  It's not worth the extra cost in my opinoin.

Edit:  if you don't drive, you might prefer downtown.  You can walk everywhere you need to go.

NYC3L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »
This seems like an awesome part of the country to go to law school in.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »

Its is, the fact that you can ski and go to class all in one day makes it even better!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 02:12:46 AM »

You'd be deceived.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.