Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF UNDERGRAD ASKING - Who should I live with for my 1L year?  (Read 520 times)

jhandin

• View Profile
    • Email
UF UNDERGRAD ASKING - Who should I live with for my 1L year?
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
Although I haven't narrowed down where I'm going next year, I'm looking at apartments in the cities that I'll most likely end up in.

As of right now, it's looking like Los Angeles, Long Island, or staying in Gainesville.  I probably would move in with fraternity brothers in a small house near the law school if I stay in Gainesville.

But what's your general suggestions?...Should I live alone?  Should I live with a few other 1L's from the same school?  Or should I just live with random people?

I've gotten so accustomed to undergrad and living with no one but fraternity brothers, so it's a little bit of a culture shock for me.

Thanks!
Deciding Between/Waiting On: Hofstra, Southwestern, Arizona, FSU, UC Irvine
c/o 2012

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UF UNDERGRAD ASKING - Who should I live with for my 1L year?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »
I live in Jville but regardless I would live alone if you can afford it. The fewer the distractions the better. Also Gville is gonna get real fun in the fall anyway as Tebow goes for his 3rd title and second heisman. Spending football saturdays here is a must  ---http://swamprestaurant.com/

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:58:18 PM »
I have heard from a lot of attorneys and law students to not live with law students
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:31 PM »
I'm a 1L In Washington, DC.  I'd say that if you can afford to live alone, go for it.  Otherwise find a professional or a grad student in a different program to live with (my situation now).  Don't live with other law students, particularly those in your program.  It gets a little crazy around exams and having a sanctuary is really valuable.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
I have heard from a lot of attorneys and law students to not live with law students

This is what I've heard from students at ASDs as well.