Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decision Time  (Read 497 times)

nook225

• View Profile
    • Email
Decision Time
« on: March 03, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »
I am having a really hard time deciding where to go in the fall.  As if right now it is coming down to a decision between Temple and University of Maryland.  I live in Philly now, so I will not have to relocate for Temple and I am very attracted to their trial advocacy program.  They have awarded me a 5,000 scholarship for my first year only.  Maryland is not offering me any money (yet) but their out of state tuition is comparable to Temple's in-state. 

Drexel has awarded me a 10,000 renewable scholarship and U of Baltimore have awarded me a full tuition scholarship.  While I am not going to attend either of these schools, I may use these awards as leverage with other schools.

I have also been accepted to George Mason, Lewis and Clark, and VIllanova.  Waitlisted at George Washington.  Still waiting to hear from Colorado, Hastings and American.

I am not 100% sure what I want to do after graduation but am leaning toward private practice- possibly something in family law, or working for a DA's office.  I am not committed to any location but will most likely be on the East Coast somewhere between Philly and NC (or anywhere in-between).

Any thoughts would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Decision Time
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »
I would take Temple's in state tuition at 16K over Maryland(31K) and GMU(29K).

nook225

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I am leaning towards Temple and have been for most of the time. 

Scribner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
Killself, then Temple.

MD = Temple = TTT. Go to the one with the lowest cost.