Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appeal Decision or let it go...  (Read 694 times)

CF25

• View Profile
Appeal Decision or let it go...
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »
So this past weekend I was rejected from the University of Denver evening program with a 3.35/154. Although my numbers are low for the full-time program, I thought I would have an excellent shot at the PT program given that both my numbers were in the 75% range.

Needless to say, I am quite distraught about the situation and need advice. Do I call up the admissions people and ask for an appeal to the decision? Possibly a spot on the W/L? Any constructive input is appreciated.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal Decision or let it go...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 03:47:47 PM »
Look up the schools appeals policy online. Some have one, others don't. If they say all decisions are final, it's time to let it go and apply again next year.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
So this past weekend I was rejected from the University of Denver evening program with a 3.35/154. Although my numbers are low for the full-time program, I thought I would have an excellent shot at the PT program given that both my numbers were in the 75% range.

Needless to say, I am quite distraught about the situation and need advice. Do I call up the admissions people and ask for an appeal to the decision? Possibly a spot on the W/L? Any constructive input is appreciated.

Are you non trad, any significant work experience? Iím Denver part time, and can tell you trying to judge PT by numbers alone wonít work. The numbers are not as big an issue PT, I have a few 170+ in my class and 140s as well. Itís about filling up the class with diversity, different professions, different back grounds ect. If your straight from UG its harder, because they have several like that applying, but they only make up about 20% of the evening class, I think the median age in my class was like 35 or something.

If Denver is really where you want to go, then I would call and ask to be re-considered, let them know DU was your number 1 choice, and if admitted you would accept right away and send in your despot, if you want to only go to DU ask to be considered and defer to 2010. You could also ask to be considered for FT as well. Good luck, and sorry about the ding.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

CF25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I'm not a non-trad applicant and I'm about 2 years removed from UG and have been working FT since Soph. year of school (law firm and real estate development) if that counts as "significant" experience.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I'm not a non-trad applicant and I'm about 2 years removed from UG and have been working FT since Soph. year of school (law firm and real estate development) if that counts as "significant" experience.

They prob lumped you into the UG crowed, making it harder to get in. Are you local? Go in an talk to them, otherwise call or e-mail, let them know you really want to be there.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

CF25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
I sent them an e-mail a few hours ago expressing my interest. If I don't hear back from them soon, I'm going to call in the morning. Thanks for all of your help, DU is where I would like to be.