Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Equipment List  (Read 2276 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Equipment List
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
What's wrong with reading it on your computer?

It gives me a screaming headache and I have a 24 inch screen, it just hurst my head to read dense type on the screen for long than a few mins.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 11:09:53 AM »
long periods of screen reading can give massive eye strain

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
Oh, btw depending on your budget/where you study I really like having a docking station. Like I said before I donít study at school, I study at home 100%. So I have a separate desk from my big reading desk for my laptop. When I get home I plug three things into the laptop, an HDMI out, a USB hub and the power cord. I then have my external monitor, a full size keyboard, mouse, printer, speakers, external drives and everything else that run off my laptop (set your lap top to not turn off when the cover is closed). So basically my laptop doubles as a desktop, so I donít have to type on that little keyboard/little screen. Its nice to have full-size everything if you a dedicated study at home person like me, without having to have two computers. The only time I use my laptop as a laptop is in class or if I want to go sit outside or at a coffee shop or something, if Iím home itís in desktop mode like this:

*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
Oh god Matthies we have the same printer.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »
Oh god Matthies we have the same printer.

it rocks huh? The XL ink lasts for ever and it can handel anything you throw at it, my classmate bought one after seeing mine and he loves it too

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »
Yeah, it is extremely good, a bit loud though. I got a huge discount because best-buy mislabeled the price.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
Yeah, it is extremely good, a bit loud though. I got a huge discount because best-buy mislabeled the price.

Yea, loud it is, and becuase it sits on top of my desk it shakes the whole thing as it prints, but not having to change the ink every other day and auto 2 side printing makes up for it

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »
I just looked at the AspenLaw Studydesk and that looks like a must buy.

studydesk sucks IMO

Maybe but I haven't found a good alternative yet

I'm using OpenOffice.  StudyDesk is a good idea poorly executed.  Having everything together in a quasi-database would have been nice, but I found it way too time-consuming to format things the way I wanted them.  If the word-processor part of studydesk had been built better, I'd probably use it.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »

Yea, loud it is, and becuase it sits on top of my desk it shakes the whole thing as it prints, but not having to change the ink every other day and auto 2 side printing makes up for it

You know what's better than all this?  Printing for free at the law school.

Yep.  Doesn't actually require you to spend significant amounts of time in the law school...
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »

You know what's better than all this?  Printing for free at the law school.

Yep.  Doesn't actually require you to spend significant amounts of time in the law school...

no, its a nightmare, at least at my school, people are always printing stuff, cuase its free they print way more than they need, they just hit print over and over, so I gotta wait for their jobs to get done, or send to a printer on anouther floor or whatever. The cool think about my school is we can access any data base the library has offsite by loging on. So unless I need a hard copy book, I can do everything from home, which I do. I just don't type when my printer is shaking my desk like and earthquak (but it does print really fast). I also have my printer networked so I can print stuff in class and have it waiting form me when I get home. I just don't like hanging out at school what so ever, maybe when I was a 1L, but now I just want to get the F out of there and study at my home office where everything I need is right there