Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Here is my probelm  (Read 846 times)

turnerr

• View Profile
Here is my probelm
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »
I took the LSAT during my senior year of UG. Literally walked into the test room and took the LSAT. (no prep) Made a 145. I wasn't serious about the test at all. I didn't really know at the time if I wanted to go to ls. Well 6 years later I've changed my mind. I recently purchased the powerscore bibles and have gain a ton of knowledge I didn't have my first go around. I plan to take the LSAT in October. I plan to take 20-30 pt after the bibles, and maybe take the powerscore virtual course in May.

Is it possible for me to ge to 160s before October? I'm sure anything is possible but with the prep I'm planning is it really possible for me to get between a 160-165?

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Here is my probelm
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Without knowing anything about your cognitive abilities, yes.

I scored low 150s on my first practice test and got 167 and 174 after 25 practice tests for the first one and 10 additional practice tests for the second one.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »
It's extremely possible to get to the 160's or even the 170's with due dilligence...and for some, it might not even take until October. There are people trying to hit it by June, and some will do it. If you have until October, that's perfect; you could/should become an LSATspert.

Good luck! ;D

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
OP, have you taken a practice test to see if you're anywhere near 160?

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
Anything is possible, but it depends on your commitment to the LSAT and how much time you can devote to serious study.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
honestly, I don;t know if TIME is all you need to do good on the test. You really need to understand why your answer is correct and if you got it wrong, then why it is wrong and why the correct answer is in fact correct.

The LSAT and the type of logic in it, at least for me, was a new way of thinking and it took some serious understanding and TIME( I concede this pt.) to panic on my December test (which I canceled), get a 160 in Feb, and now have to retake in June.

Another thing that helps with the LSAT is lots of confidence, which is what I really lacked my first time, and improved on my second time. Confidence Confidence Confidence, just not OVER-confidence
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

turnerr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
EarlCat,

I haven't taken a practice test yet. I plan on finishing the bibles before taking one. I'm really stuggling with conditional reasoning and assumption right now.