Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: not happy  (Read 3456 times)

sandandsun67

• View Profile
not happy
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
So here's the deal...

I didn't do so well first semester at my school and I basically hate it here (which is why I want to transfer). I am getting my butt into gear and am working on doing so much better this semester - I obviously have to.

I want to go to a school that accepted me last year, but my idiotic self decided not to go there. However, this school is higher ranked than the one that I am at - will this play a factor? And also how would I present myself to the school? I can't just say that I hate everything about it here and want to get out as soon as possible.

Thoughts please! Thanks in advance :)

menlow

• View Profile
Re: not happy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
So here's the deal...

I didn't do so well first semester at my school and I basically hate it here (which is why I want to transfer). I am getting my butt into gear and am working on doing so much better this semester - I obviously have to.

I want to go to a school that accepted me last year, but my idiotic self decided not to go there. However, this school is higher ranked than the one that I am at - will this play a factor? And also how would I present myself to the school? I can't just say that I hate everything about it here and want to get out as soon as possible.

Thoughts please! Thanks in advance :)

I believe you answered your own question..  Good luck bringing up your grades, that will certainly be important when you try to transfer!

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:31:06 PM »
You absolutely must get your grades up. It is really all the matters. Make sure you are at the very least top 15%, depending on where you are trying to go and what rank school you are at. The lower ranked your school, the closer you must be to the top.

How much higher is the school ranked than yours?

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »
Are you not happy with the people, academics, or location? The only one I think would affect you the most is the location, as in where you want to practice after law school. If its the people or teachers, there is no guarantee that the new law school will be any better. My suggestion is to work real hard.

On a side note, for future reference, when you choose a username, a name like couchpotato gives a real bad connotation, it gives me the impression that you are lazy and not a hard worker, and maybe the lack of initiative is the result of your unhappiness. I could be totally wrong, but you have to remember first impressions are important, even on the web.

Best of luck

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
On a side note, for future reference, when you choose a username, a name like couchpotato gives a real bad connotation, it gives me the impression that you are lazy and not a hard worker, and maybe the lack of initiative is the result of your unhappiness. I could be totally wrong, but you have to remember first impressions are important, even on the web.

Yeah, especially since people posting on an Internet forum have such an impact on his future..  ::)

Idiot.

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »

Yeah, especially since people posting on an Internet forum have such an impact on his future..  ::)

Idiot.

i thought the same way...minus the idiot part.

sandandsun67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 03:09:23 PM »
Are you not happy with the people, academics, or location? The only one I think would affect you the most is the location, as in where you want to practice after law school. If its the people or teachers, there is no guarantee that the new law school will be any better. My suggestion is to work real hard.

Best of luck

Just for the record it was a joke...and now is changed!

Thanks for the luck, I think?

sandandsun67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Thanks for all the advice everyone. It is much appreciated.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »

Best of luck

Seriously?  I don't know what's crazier, the fact that you said something this retarded on a message board, or that it impacted OP so much that he/she changed usernames. 

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 03:48:17 AM »
lol, seriously.  wtf, OP why did you change your username?