Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice: Third Time's the Charm?  (Read 535 times)

2Fast2Spurious

• View Profile
    • Email
Advice: Third Time's the Charm?
« on: February 28, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »
I took the December LSAT and cancelled due to a slight panic which definitely affected my score. I just took the February test and scored a 161. I have a 3.91GPA and some pretty good recommendations. Any advice on taking the test a third time? Usually, they look down on three scores, but since one of my scores is cancelled does this impact this reasoning? Would I have to include an addendum if I did take it the third time?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Advice: Third Time's the Charm?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
Take again if you can get a better score (that means several timed practice tests consistently higher than 161).  I don't think you'll need an addendum--they'll pretty much figure out you wanted a higher score.

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »
Go in confident that you already have a great LSAT score that can get you into some top 100 schools and do your best. If you have this attitude, you will have less stress on test day and hopefully perform better.

But don't forget to study your ass off in the meantime.. lol.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
OMG...this has been my exact same concern (except I don't have A 3.9). I blew it in December and walked out of the test 10mins into it, so I canceled. I retook in Feb and got a 160. I want to retake it because I know the stressed cost me at least 5pts (my practice best)

But I guess I shall also retake it.
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

2Fast2Spurious

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I was scoring consistently in the 166-168 range with newer PTs. For anyone in a similar situation, I would recommend taking it again if you have the time and patience. A friend of mine took it 3 times with one cancel and ended up at HLS. So it can't matter so much.