Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need advice, just got my first score back.  (Read 3177 times)

mcm55

• View Profile
Need advice, just got my first score back.
« on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
Alright, I decided at the end of last year that I wanted to go to law school, it was a lingering thing my whole life but I went on to pursue a BS in Journalism/Public Relations.  I signed up for the Feb 09 test and just got my score back last night, it is a 144, I pretty much "winged it" I only studied the week before. I thought it would be like other standardized tests which I am usually good at.  Now I don't know where to go from here I'm really disappointed in my score, should I study for the next couple of months and take it again in June, or later?  I graduate in May from my UG, and I'm now looking at law school for Fall 2010. 

Or should I apply to schools with this score? Won't it look really bad if I take it a second time?  How many times can you take the test?

I really have nobody to talk to about this, my school has as the law school advisor a psychology professor who didn't know he was the law school advisor!

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice, just got my first score back.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
How many times have you posted this?  Take it again.  Right now you're SOL... assuming you're not an underrepresented minority the only schools you'd likely have a shot at are ones that fail out half their students after taking a year or two of their money.

mcm55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
I posted twice accidently, I'm new at this.

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
I posted twice accidently, I'm new at this.
I should have put a  ;) after my question... looking back it came off significantly more obnoxious than I intended.

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »
You're definitely out for Fall 09. You should study seriously and take it again. If you apply with this score, even with a great UGPA, you'll most likely get denied. Some schools average all of your LSAT scores, some just take the most recent. If you apply to one that averages, add an addendum to your application stating why you scored so low. Best of luck to you ;)
UB Law 2012

SamE397

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
I took the June LSAT last year, both Ohio Northern and Case Western offered late application consideration even with a so-so lsat. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake because I'm graduating this year but none the less you could possibly get into school somewhere this year though I wouldn't count on it.