Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thomas M. Cooley Vs. Nova Southeastern AAMPLE program  (Read 16387 times)

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas M. Cooley Vs. Nova Southeastern AAMPLE program
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
"I interviewed with an attorney who went to cooley, he now makes close to a million a year and has a very sucessful personal injury firm."

And I know a guy that became a professional baseball player. Does that mean I should tell people that pursuing sports is a good career move? The fact is that Cooley is a scam and most of its grads end up with a big pile of debt that they can't pay off. But hey, if you are willing to take that kind of a risk, best of luck.
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
"I interviewed with an attorney who went to cooley, he now makes close to a million a year and has a very sucessful personal injury firm."

And I know a guy that became a professional baseball player. Does that mean I should tell people that pursuing sports is a good career move? The fact is that Cooley is a scam and most of its grads end up with a big pile of debt that they can't pay off. But hey, if you are willing to take that kind of a risk, best of luck.

Some people will suceed, some people have no other choice, for those people I say go for it. If you want to be a lawyer bad eough you will find a way to make it happen. If you only want to be a lawyer if you can get into school X, that's an option too. Some folks are just willing to take more risks for thier goal than others, if they are the kind of person that can pull it off, then I will suuport them. Most arn't, just like most won't become a profesional baseball player, but a few will, and a few will be good lawyers even out of cooley.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
"*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments."

HAHA  ;D

PS: Cooley... as always is the center of so much drama.... I honestly don't see what the problem is... I go to a tier 2 school and sadly a lot of people are stuggling to find jobs. In this economy.. unless your ivy league.. you are going to have to hussle a little to get jobs... So it isn't about your degree for the rest.. .but what you can do with it and the networking you are able to pull off. So from my standpoint... seriously... honestly... i think everyone after top14 without a job is in the same boat! This economy sux... 

Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

SellinEvo84Law

• AOL Instant Messenger - edean483
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »

Some people will suceed, some people have no other choice, for those people I say go for it. If you want to be a lawyer bad eough you will find a way to make it happen. If you only want to be a lawyer if you can get into school X, that's an option too. Some folks are just willing to take more risks for thier goal than others, if they are the kind of person that can pull it off, then I will suuport them. Most arn't, just like most won't become a profesional baseball player, but a few will, and a few will be good lawyers even out of cooley.
So will this be the situation even if I transfer to a better school T2-T3? Hypothetically, What If I earned a high enough spot within the class, to transfer to one of these Tiered schools. Would I still face the same turmoil simply because I transferred from Cooley? Or is this in in the assumption that I graduate from Cooley? On the former, Would you think top 10% of my class would suffice on transferring to UMiami?
LSAT:138, 145, 153
UGPA:2.99

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 01:03:15 PM »

So will this be the situation even if I transfer to a better school T2-T3? Hypothetically, What If I earned a high enough spot within the class, to transfer to one of these Tiered schools. Would I still face the same turmoil simply because I transferred from Cooley? Or is this in in the assumption that I graduate from Cooley? On the former, Would you think top 10% of my class would suffice on transferring to UMiami?

Yes you alwasy want to try to make things better for yourself in your situation... Miami would be good.. especilaly if you want to work in Florida. I'm just simply saying that right now... no one is really 100% safe, the economy is hurting everyone no matter what school you are going to.. it is becomming less about school name as about your own networking ability and goals. If I were you I would transfer for other reason like... location of school, price of school and programs of school instead of the simple stated so called "ranking of the school"

Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

I would only go to ANY school if your willing to face the fact that you may not be bae to transfer out. Do not go in thinking you'll just go there for one year, you need to be willing to do waht it takes to succed at the school you enrolled in if that's how the chips fall
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

azlaw09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 06:15:03 AM »
OP,

One of the best things you can consider when choosing a school (regardless if it's top 50 or tier 4) is how the bottom 50% of the class fares after finishing. If that fits in with your career aspirations then go for it. I'd warn against going to any school assuming that you will achieve certain grades/rank etc. because it might not happen. There are a lot of hard working, very smart people in any law school and grades are at least somewhat arbitrary--a letter grade (in the case of a cooley student, perhaps whether the student makes it past 1L)might turn on something VERY small on your exam. Also consider that at a school like Cooley, the competition will even more fierce because people are all fighting for a chance to transfer out/not get kicked out etc. I don't think any of us that are giving you a warning are "haters" or trying to rain on your parade we are just giving you some insight into what some of the realities of law school are.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
"*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle ...

Cooley... as always is the center of so much drama.... I honestly don't see what the problem is... I go to a tier 2 school and sadly a lot of people are stuggling to find jobs. In this economy.. unless your ivy league.. you are going to have to hussle a little to get jobs... So it isn't about your degree for the rest.. .but what you can do with it and the networking you are able to pull off. So from my standpoint... seriously... honestly... i think everyone after top14 without a job is in the same boat! This economy sux... 

People from your t2 are having problems. Imagine what's going on at most t4s right now.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

SellinEvo84Law

• AOL Instant Messenger - edean483
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
I know it is very unorthodox, but can't I simply secure a seat at Cooley and begin rigorously studying for the June LSAT? If my score does not improve dramatically then I maintain my seat, but if it does I withdrawal my seat and wait a year at most and apply to a school in my desired area. Right?
LSAT:138, 145, 153
UGPA:2.99

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »
I know it is very unorthodox, but can't I simply secure a seat at Cooley and begin rigorously studying for the June LSAT? If my score does not improve dramatically then I maintain my seat, but if it does I withdrawal my seat and wait a year at most and apply to a school in my desired area. Right?

When do you get your result for the June LSAT?