Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Preparing for Law School!  (Read 1856 times)

combative0L

• View Profile
    • Email
Preparing for Law School!
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »
Hi team!

I posted this here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4017697.0.html, but nobody reads that part of the board and I need some good tips.

Basially, I'm looking for tips about law school supplements besides that stuff on the Black Book blog and that other thread. Where do I go to find this valuable resource?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Preparing for Law School!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »
So, you make a post in a thread not related to your question, which is in a forum not related to your question, and then don't even wait 10 minutes before cross-posting in another forum which is also not related to your question.  WTF?

If you'd just read the forums you would have found there's already a whole thread about using books and supplements before starting law school.

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
Hi team!

I posted this here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4017697.0.html, but nobody reads that part of the board and I need some good tips.

Basially, I'm looking for tips about law school supplements besides that stuff on the Black Book blog and that other thread. Where do I go to find this valuable resource?

I think you are being a little premature (actually, a lot premature).  Go to class.  Learn what the professor wants you to learn from the material he assigns.  If you find you need supplements later, ask some of the 2Ls at your school who had the same professor/class.  For now, relax and enjoy life.  There is plenty of time to stress over law school later (which you will do). 
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

combative0L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »
Sorry Earl I did check, and i couldn't find it! I found the thread I talked about, and that blog posting I mentioned.

Can you link me to the stuff on this forum ??? ??? ??? ??? I really can't afford to miss out on pre-studying, my 1L friend told me it's important to do.

THANKS!

Chili Palmer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 02:50:51 AM »
Can you link me to the stuff on this forum ??? ??? ??? ??? I really can't afford to miss out on pre-studying, my 1L friend told me it's important to do.

THANKS!

Browse and read using your mouse.  It takes one hand two fingers and eyes.  Try that!
I really thought everything was about the sweet emotion.  Just Be cool.  Is there a problem with that?

combative0L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »

THANKS!

Browse and read using your mouse.  It takes one hand two fingers and eyes.  Try that!

I have done this and could not find what he was talking about. If you don'tw ant to help other posters either don't post, or don't visit a law school message board for advice. You're doing both, and wasting your time. Keep it up and you'll be at the bottom of your curve when you start. I'm already laughing at you.

BlackBook Legal Blog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
Hi team!

Combative,

We google searched our site, and found your post. It seems you've already seen our posting on this matter (http://blackbooklegal.blogspot.com/2009/02/supplementing-your-legal-education.html), and we're inclined to think it's the best in terms of advice. However, we would not advise using any of these supplements before entering law school. We've received some messages from 0Ls, like yourself, asking about pre-law school supplementing, and we generally don't advise it. We'll likely address it in a main post in the next few weeks.

Best regards,

The Blackbook Legal Team

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
Sorry Earl I did check, and i couldn't find it! I found the thread I talked about, and that blog posting I mentioned.

THANKS!

Don't say I never gave ya nuthin.
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4018172.0.html

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »

THANKS!

Dude, you're going to burn out before you even get to law school. Do exactly what I say and you'll be fine:

Step 1: Step away from you computer.
Step 2: Breath. I am confident your brain will thank me.
Step 3: Find the nearest bar and order a nice stiff drink
Step 4: Repeat step 3 periodically every week until you begin law school. Then you repeat as desired.

Seriously, it is never mandatory to study before law school even begins. You don't know what your profs want you to learn and in the end, that is all that matters. If you feel like you must, thumb through and E&E but please don't take pre-law school studying seriously. Enjoy your life before law school takes it over for 3 years.

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »
Feel free to message me if you want to hear about my experiences and tips.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!