Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone know when the new US News rankings come out?  (Read 2301 times)

AppleDuck

• View Profile
    • Email
Does anyone know when the new US News rankings come out?
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:15:53 AM »
Thanks in advanced.
Pacific McGeorge '11

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know when the new US News rankings come out?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »
I just checked when my electronic access to this year's ranking expires and it's in mid april, so I'm going to guess sometime in April. Although, I thought they came out in mid March.

Jeremiah Mau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »
Apple, it's usually late March - BUT they almost always leak prematurely.

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »
Pretty sure beginning of April, if not April 1st online. Check soon, they usually announce it in advance

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
You are already in law school and you go to McGeorge, why would you care when the rankings come out?

AppleDuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »
Because I am thinking about transfering to University of Buffalo.  When I applied, they waitlisted me, then sent me a letter saying if I am in the top half of my class that I should re-apply to transfer.

Frankly, I would like to see the new rankings which will factor into my decision. (Because the job options don't look that great in Sacramento)

I am not saying I will definitely transfer if Buffalo moves ahead of McGeorge, but it will be one more reason for me to go there.
Pacific McGeorge '11

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
Because I am thinking about transfering to University of Buffalo.  When I applied, they waitlisted me, then sent me a letter saying if I am in the top half of my class that I should re-apply to transfer.

Frankly, I would like to see the new rankings which will factor into my decision. (Because the job options don't look that great in Sacramento)

I am not saying I will definitely transfer if Buffalo moves ahead of McGeorge, but it will be one more reason for me to go there.

Do you want to work in NY after law school? If not, that would be the dumbest move ever. Which brings me to my next question: if you want to work in NY, why the hell did you go to McGeorge?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
Do you want to work in NY after law school? If not, that would be the dumbest move ever. Which brings me to my next question: if you want to work in NY, why the hell did you go to McGeorge?

This is a good question.  Unless the OP knows that he definitely likes the cold weather, because he most likely will be stuck in Western N.Y., he should stay where he is. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:20 PM »
Newsflash - The job prospects won't be any better out of Buffalo.

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
I'd have to agree.. don't think a rankings jump/downgrade is going to make a difference for your employment prospects at either school. 

However, it sounds like you wanted to go to Buffalo in the first place so if that is the region you want to practice in you might as well transfer.  Might want to look into transferring to an even better school in that region though.. I bet you could get into a few better ones if you are in top 1/3