School Specific Boards > John Marshall

John Marshall Law Application - Traffic Violations

<< < (2/2)

lawcatl12:
I called and they told me they want everything, not just anything over $200 that most schools ask for but they understand that you might not be able to remember old speeding tickets and parking tickets.  (They actually don't care about parking tickets but said it wouldn't be a bad idea to include them.)    Really they are interested in more serious violations but they ask for everything because isn't so much for them but to prepare us for having to do this for the bar.

They told me I didn't have to track down when I got the tickets and the arresting officer, etc.  I only have to write down approx. when I got the speeding tickets and perhaps parking send it in with the application.

Thanks for the help.

PaleForce:
Good to know, thanks for the update  ;)

chi2009:
I asked about this recently since I just got all the orientation materials, including the ones about amending an application if you omitted anything at all from your original application.  I realized I forgot to list a traffic ticket (talking on a cell phone while driving), so I emailed the dean to ask about it.  He said to make a "good faith effort" on listing each one and the dates.  However, I just decided to get a driving record from the DMV.  It only costs $12, and it ensures that you list absolutely everything.  Better safe than sorry.

gallagheria:

--- Quote from: chi2009 on August 13, 2009, 01:45:39 PM ---I asked about this recently since I just got all the orientation materials, including the ones about amending an application if you omitted anything at all from your original application.  I realized I forgot to list a traffic ticket (talking on a cell phone while driving), so I emailed the dean to ask about it.  He said to make a "good faith effort" on listing each one and the dates.  However, I just decided to get a driving record from the DMV.  It only costs $12, and it ensures that you list absolutely everything.  Better safe than sorry.

--- End quote ---
They are asking it in preparation for the state bar most likely. I know in Alabama the state bar asks the exact same question, and all law students are required to register with the state bar when they begin law school.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version