School Specific Boards > John Marshall

John Marshall Law Application - Traffic Violations

(1/2) > >>

lawcatl12:
Okay, this has to be a mistake, right?   This is what they ask for:

Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been cited, arrested, charged or convicted for violation of any law, INCLUDING TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS?

Then they want us to attach a separate sheet listing them all and attach the arresting officer's report, complaint, etc.

What do I do about parking and speeding tickets that I got more than 5 years ago and just can't remember exactly when or where?  And I don't have copies of my tickets lying around to attach.  I don't even keep them past a year or so after I pay them.  Please help, I don't want to say no, but I don't know what to write when I say yes.

Thanks in advance.

PaleForce:
I'd call the school for clarification if you're unsure about any aspect of your app.  Better to make an anonymous inquiry than to have an incomplete app.  Sorry I can't be more of a help.

lawcatl12:
Thanks, I'm going to call.  I'm just surprised by the question.  I talked to lots of other admissions people and they all said anything under $200 isn't a problem.  Others specifically omit moving violations.  I don't know if they are trying to get us ready for disclosure on the Bar?

PaleForce:
Yeah, it is a little strange the way the question is phrased.  Most of the time they say something that lets you know that you can exclude things like parking tickets.  They may just be looking for speeding tickets/other moving violations, but weren't very specific.  Update the thread when you know- I'm curious if that's what they meant or not.  Good luck!

SASS:
I am not sure about John Marshall but most of the schools just want to know about speeding tickets that were over a certain amount (if I recall most where like over $150, not including the fee) but just call the school. I am sure it won't be a deal breaker, especially non-serious violations from 5 years ago. I am pretty sure they are excluding parking tickets. Just call and ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version