Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is OneNote really necessary?  (Read 3779 times)

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
Re: Is OneNote really necessary?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
Youíre all dumb if you have to take notes in the first place. This stuff is not rocket science. Did Abraham Lincoln take notes on a laptop when he went to law school at Emory? No of course not, he was too busy fighting Attila the Hun at Waterloo during the revolutionary war and worrying about prohibition and that salve girl he had a kid with, Mary Hemmingway (Ernestís niece) to take notes. I learn this poo through osmosis. I was a history major and I never took notes in UG and I remember all this crap just fine.

:D

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »
Youíre all dumb if you have to take notes in the first place. This stuff is not rocket science. Did Abraham Lincoln take notes on a laptop when he went to law school at Emory? No of course not, he was too busy fighting Attila the Hun at Waterloo during the revolutionary war and worrying about prohibition and that salve girl he had a kid with, Mary Hemmingway (Ernestís niece) to take notes. I learn this poo through osmosis. I was a history major and I never took notes in UG and I remember all this crap just fine.

yeah, except you forgot the part about his Jewish uncle, Sammy Davis Jr., leading the Republicans out of captivity just in time to save the country from a horribly destructive Civil War. 

Bizarro Jerry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »
I'm a big OneNote fan.

I only got it right before the start of my 1L (this) year.  I acquainted myself with it over the week or so prior to classes.

One of the biggest advantages (in my view) is that I can flip between case briefs, notes, outlines, etc... from every class all within one big frame...I don't have to open additional files, navigate folders and wait for word to load up the next file, etc...

That alone makes it worth it for me.

Additionally, I can easily search an entire folder of files.  For instance, I have all my case briefs in one tab.  When my CrimPro prof says "what other case have we discussed that seemed similar - when they discussed the use of a K-9 unit during a traffic stop?" and with one 3-second search, I can have all the tabs highlighted that contain "K-9" or whatever search term I include.

Additionally, I can easily print one page, one tab, an entire folder, etc... with just a couple of clicks.

While the CTRL-F find in word is pretty easy, believe it or not, it is even easier and friendlier in OneNote in my view.