Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What area of law do you want to pursue?  (Read 8854 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What area of law do you want to pursue?
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2009, 11:44:52 PM »
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
Hey, I can somewhat consoled by the fact that my area of interest is assuredly one that LawDog has absolutely no interest and/or knowledge.  So, yay, I win!  Go me!  heh.

I could say the same. ;)

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2009, 12:23:39 PM »
Water law, that's really all I want to practice, to the point that I may not practice if I can't find a job doing that at least a magority of my time. If that turns out to be the case IN THIS ECONOMY I may look for a job in court administration or something realted to the JD until I can find something water law, maybe a job at the water court or clerking for the water court. But that would mean moving and I don't wnat to try and sell my house IN THIS ECONOMY.  ::)
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
Stay put, Matthies. We're starting a firm.

I kind of like criminal and environmental. And the legal administration thing seems alright.

enviromental criminal defnse  = $$$$
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »

I kind of like criminal and environmental. And the legal administration thing seems alright.

Oh, but now that is some nasty *&^%!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2009, 04:11:46 PM »

Oh, but now that is some nasty poo!

What I am sure LawDog could come up with 40 reasons other than the chemical plant dumping stuff into a towns well for there being a 90% cancer rate in children born in the last ten years there. Like the hole in the ozone and that supposed global warming crap. Prove that causation plaintiffs, I got me experts!

FalconPunch

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »
LOL, made my post on page one and forgot about this for a couple weeks. i wasnt sure how off topic rants were taken here, but i'm glad i wasnt the biggest source of flame on this thread.

rnobles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
I was a Police Officer for three years and a Correctional Officer for 6 yrs. I worked K9, drug interdiction, served on the SWAT team, been to DEA Investigator Course, and wrote more tickets that I could ever count. With that being said... I bet a bunch of you say I would want to be a prosecutor! Well not really...I want to be a criminal defense attorney. The constitution is based on checks and balances and I believe in that. I want to hold Police Officers to a higher standard. I have seen people become Officers who I wouldn't trust pumping my gas and we trust them to protect us and know how to apply the law. I have had the privalige to work with some awesome Officers who I trusted with my life and still today trust with my life who are my best friends. But the ones that shouldn't be Officers I want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row when they want to take someone's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness away!

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2009, 07:09:51 AM »
<3
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2009, 01:23:39 AM »