Law School Discussion

ONLINE JULY 2009 NEW YORK BAR EXAM APPLICATION - CAN WE APPLY YET?

I've gone to this site and tried to apply, but it doesn't seem to be up yet:

https://www.nybarapply.org/

It says applications will be *received* from April 1-30, but it seems logical that applicants should be able to start *working* on it before then, right? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: ONLINE JULY 2009 NEW YORK BAR EXAM APPLICATION - CAN WE APPLY YET?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:46 AM »
anyone know?? :)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
Yes, of course I've tried!  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:16:36 AM »
I haven't contacted them for the paper app; I'm wondering about the online app. When I try clicking on after registering, there is no form to access.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »
i guess my question was directed at people planning on taking the ny bar exam this summer, who either have had or haven't had success with the application   :)

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
I am wondering the same thing - I tried, but it just has a pop up about the Feb 2009 application period being closed...kind of odd, since, you know, it's March.  If anyone knows how we're supposed to go about working on our bar apps, please post!

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »
Folks, you won't be able to submit your on-line application until April 1. It's incredibly simple - NY only requires basic social security and personal information and you do it all on-line. Your school sends out verification that you have graduated in May. It takes 3 minutes to "apply." The actual detailed application process begins AFTER you've taken the exam.