Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to wear for a visit  (Read 10763 times)

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
Re: What to wear for a visit
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
What if you're not wearing sloppy jeans, but nice ones and a nice sweater?

IMHO, look decent but comfortable.  That'd be fine, assuming you're already in.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »
Though there was nothing riding on the visit, the first impression you project can affect the way staff and faculty interacts with you. Not saying, of course that a person in jeans and a T won't be taken seriously or will be ignored. Character matters more than anything. Wearing jeans wouldn't have NECESSARILY killed you, but I am quite sure that wearing a nice outfit on your first visit definitely helped reaffirm the decision the committee made. They know you care about the little details and that you are excited about SULaw/SeaLaw. 

HavocWreak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 02:45:09 PM »
This is silly. Common sense people! Go to Milan and get fitted for a one-of-a-kind Tuxedo!  ::)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 02:48:01 PM »
This is silly. Common sense people! Go to Milan and get fitted for a one-of-a-kind Tuxedo!  ::)

Brioni ftw!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

devildog_jim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 10:29:22 PM »
I wear a suit to work, why not wear one to the visit?  Might as well get used to them if you're going to work in law.  Besides, it covers my sidearm.   8)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »
I went on a tour today. Business casual is definitely the way to go. The kid in the full suit looked like they were trying too hard. The kid in sloppy jeans and a tee...looked sloppy. I'm glad I read this post for reassurance.

That's what I am saying...

These people are flames. they'll argue with anything I say, no matter how correct it is. I am never right about anything I say. U did the right thing.

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 11:38:44 PM »
I went on a tour today. Business casual is definitely the way to go. The kid in the full suit looked like they were trying too hard. The kid in sloppy jeans and a tee...looked sloppy. I'm glad I read this post for reassurance.

These people are flames. they'll argue with anything I say, no matter how correct it is. I am never right about anything I say. U did the right thing.

wrong wrong wrong. 

Hot chicks should dress real slutty.  Not so hot, even sluttier.

futurelawyergal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »
I went on a tour at a southern school and people did not dress up as much as those at the northen schools I visited...I found it a bit strange.

futurelawyergal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »

If only there were some other way to dress other than 1) suit, 2) business casual, 3) sloppy jeans/tee.  Oh well...

That is just one example of what I saw. It is not like there was a big group of people for me to describe some other outfits worn.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
If you're going to ASW, it matters even less, as you're already admitted.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.