Law School Discussion

What is important to you, cash or a social life?

sheltron5000

• All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: What is important to you, cash or a social life?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
I am all about making the most money I can in a job that is fulfilling.  Work is a huge part of life to me, so I don't think it's necessarily bad to devote a lot of your time/energy to your job.  Of course, you have to enjoy your job or feel that you are doing something worthwhile. 

It's important that I make time for friends and family, but it doesn't have to be TONS of time...just quality time.

I agree, that's part of why I decided I wanted to practice law.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
I am all about making the most money I can in a job that is fulfilling.  Work is a huge part of life to me, so I don't think it's necessarily bad to devote a lot of your time/energy to your job.  Of course, you have to enjoy your job or feel that you are doing something worthwhile. 

It's important that I make time for friends and family, but it doesn't have to be TONS of time...just quality time.

Right?  I mean, if people are already scared of hours...I'll take your Wachtell job!

sheltron5000

• All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 05:39:31 PM »

Right?  I mean, if people are already scared of hours...I'll take your Wachtell job!

LOL. Seriously. I WANT to work long hours (as long as I'm paid for it). To me it makes the quality time more quality. Then, if I decide to settle down or whatever, I can always take my experience and take a slightly slower job.