Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is important to you, cash or a social life?  (Read 1048 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: What is important to you, cash or a social life?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »
I am all about making the most money I can in a job that is fulfilling.  Work is a huge part of life to me, so I don't think it's necessarily bad to devote a lot of your time/energy to your job.  Of course, you have to enjoy your job or feel that you are doing something worthwhile. 

It's important that I make time for friends and family, but it doesn't have to be TONS of time...just quality time.

I agree, that's part of why I decided I wanted to practice law.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
I am all about making the most money I can in a job that is fulfilling.  Work is a huge part of life to me, so I don't think it's necessarily bad to devote a lot of your time/energy to your job.  Of course, you have to enjoy your job or feel that you are doing something worthwhile. 

It's important that I make time for friends and family, but it doesn't have to be TONS of time...just quality time.

Right?  I mean, if people are already scared of hours...I'll take your Wachtell job!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

Right?  I mean, if people are already scared of hours...I'll take your Wachtell job!

LOL. Seriously. I WANT to work long hours (as long as I'm paid for it). To me it makes the quality time more quality. Then, if I decide to settle down or whatever, I can always take my experience and take a slightly slower job.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.