Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!  (Read 60860 times)

widennumber2

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #760 on: May 03, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
does anyone know whether the seat deposit has to be received by the 8th or postmarked by the 8th?  id like to wait until the last minute just so i don't waste $350 if UoC calls sometime this week (hahahahahaha).

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 03, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »
I'm just going to send my deposit on Monday and hope that I can talk UoC in to letting me have my fallback incase they revoke me. I'll offer to give them a significant  seat deposit only refundable if they revoke, immediately apply for grad housing, etc.

My studying for crim pro and con law has me absolutely certain I'm not going to do as well this semester as I did last, so this whole consistent grades thing is really horrifying at this point. I'm almost hoping I get deferred by Chicago, or even declined; at least that would give me an opportunity to hold on to my GULC acceptance if my grades go down enough to not get in elsewhere.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 03, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »
I'm just going to send my deposit on Monday and hope that I can talk UoC in to letting me have my fallback incase they revoke me. I'll offer to give them a significant  seat deposit only refundable if they revoke, immediately apply for grad housing, etc.

My studying for crim pro and con law has me absolutely certain I'm not going to do as well this semester as I did last, so this whole consistent grades thing is really horrifying at this point. I'm almost hoping I get deferred by Chicago, or even declined; at least that would give me an opportunity to hold on to my GULC acceptance if my grades go down enough to not get in elsewhere.

Are you calling UoC before sending in the deposit of after?   

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 03, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »

similar feeling, just keep in mind that pretty much everyone is probably feeling that way.

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 03, 2009, 07:15:48 PM »

Are you calling UoC before sending in the deposit of after?   

No, if I get in to UoC, I'll beg then.

waiting13

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 03, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
The annoying part is my law school doesn't release grades until June 3 even though we finish finals this week.  So my updated grades and file with my deferment will be competing with all the other RD people.

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 03, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
The annoying part is my law school doesn't release grades until June 3 even though we finish finals this week.  So my updated grades and file with my deferment will be competing with all the other RD people.

i thought that was the point of being deferred, no?

vyper

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 04, 2009, 10:07:03 AM »
I know some people who were asked for their current semester classes (if they weren't on the submitted transcript) were admitted soon after.

Was anyone who was asked about their current schedule not admitted?

Browser

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 04, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »
On April 28, I was also set an e-mail from an assistant at the Admissions Office, telling me the Committee is reviewing my Early Action file and would like to know my current semester classes as soon as possible. 

Still no word, and my status is at complete.

vyper

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
Well, given you just heard on the 28th, I'm not overly surprised you haven't gone decision yet.

I meant the question more for those who got the inquiry before the (possibly first?) wave of acceptances went out. Those that were asked before "The Great Status Change of 09", did you get accepted during that period?