Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!  (Read 61786 times)

yakkityyak

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #750 on: May 02, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
dont be so down on yourself gmason; i live on the eastern seaboard very close to gtown and haven't received any notice in the mail. there could still be some acceptances

Monkeys99

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 02, 2009, 04:19:41 PM »
Absolutely no notice on my end too.   Very confusing.  Considering the students they took from my school last year, I would have expected them to at least defer me...  :-\

yakkityyak

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 02, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »
I really don't think people who haven't received letters should believe they were rejected; i personally can't imagine my application was outright rejected. Considering my application and the acceptances/deferrals so far, and since they have neither rejected, accepted, nor deferred me, i can only infer they are waiting to see how many students send in deposits before making the rest of their decisions.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #753 on: May 02, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
The deferrals that went out last week were probably right on the edge of getting in, the ones that arrived this week were probably a little farther away. It is probably not bad news, ie rejection (but none have been reported yet and people were rejected last year and year before during EA), if you haven't heard anything yet. However, there have not been any acceptances after the first wave and there will probably not be anything more than a deferral from this point on. What hasn't gone out yet are the wait lists, so that could be where the people who haven't heard could fall (which might be ok). They are likely finished with or just about to finish the EA process and I would be surprised if any one goes decision after tomorrow night since the RD apps are starting to or will start to arrive next week.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 02, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »
The deferrals that went out last week were probably right on the edge of getting in, the ones that arrived this week were probably a little farther away. It is probably not bad news, ie rejection (but none have been reported yet and people were rejected last year and year before during EA), if you haven't heard anything yet. However, there have not been any acceptances after the first wave and there will probably not be anything more than a deferral from this point on. What hasn't gone out yet are the wait lists, so that could be where the people who haven't heard could fall (which might be ok). They are likely finished with or just about to finish the EA process and I would be surprised if any one goes decision after tomorrow night since the RD apps are starting to or will start to arrive next week.

A deferral is essentially a wait list.  Someone posted a comment a few days ago that they spoke with someone in the admissions office at GULC and was told that the school was going to send another round of acceptances this coming week.

RD applications, even for those people who are done with finals, probably won't have second semester grades for another month.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #755 on: May 02, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
Did you apply PT, i haven't seen anyone report a decision who applied solely to PT, at least no acceptances, so I would figure the acceptances, if any, would be those.

I would argue that being wait listed is either much better or much worse than being deferred, but not equivalent. People in the past have spoken of a preferred or priority WL, so people got on that you would be almost assured of a spot. They also speak of the normal wait list which almost nobody seems to get off and the few that do not until very late July or Aug, so people who get suck there could be in for a long summer.

Why not call and find out for sure that they anticipated more acceptances this week, since this forum is mainly conjecture and BS? I only mention this because while the admissions people might be willing to comment "decisions" will go out, I doubt they would say acceptances. All of the offices I have ever spoken to were very careful not to release or discuss any info that has any bearing on anyone expect my own app, such as making a broad statement that more acceptances would go out. I would guess that the poster just put a positive spin on it or heard what he wanted to hear. I really doubt they would make such a broad generalization about acceptances since they have only ever seemed to talk about the time frame for decisions and not specifically rejections, acceptances, or deferrals.

Nebulous

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #756 on: May 02, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »
RD applications, even for those people who are done with finals, probably won't have second semester grades for another month.

Precisely.  We are nowhere close to stepping on RD's toes.  A month is a lifetime in a transfer applicant's cycle.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #757 on: May 02, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
month is a long time but I think they will start getting complete apps by the 16th at the latest, i still have a week of finals and grades are due the 22nd. I have friends at other schools who finished yesterday and their grades should be up by the 14th for 1L's.

vyper

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 02, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
Wow! Where do you people go that they can get grades out in 2 weeks? Are other schools like this?

I'd be ecstatic if they got my grades out in 4 weeks... but 6 seems more likely!

Nebulous

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #759 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »
April 20: applicants first change to 'Decision.'  These turn out to be acceptances. 

April 27: GULC mailed deferral letters to numerous applicants. See LSD GULC EA Thread (posters indicating they received letters dated April 27th).   

May 4: More people will either be accepted or deferred.  Or rejection letters will be mailed out. 

If something doesn't happen on midnight this Monday, May 4, I'll start to doubt our speculative abilities.