Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!  (Read 60890 times)

transferkill

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »
If anything, the fact that none of you went to decision tonight may still mean that those of us at decision may not be in.

how do u figure?

transferkill

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:09 AM »
If anything, the fact that none of you went to decision tonight may still mean that those of us at decision may not be in.

how do u figure?

especially since you have access to the admitted student page

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 22, 2009, 12:38:58 AM »
I am admittedly cynical/pessimistic to a (according to some) fault. However, I'm just saying that with how oddball everything has gone this cycle, I wouldn't put it past the system to have erred in allowing us on the website (which is still all 0L stuff, nothing for transfers,) while rejection letters are in the stream.

My point was that I CERTAINLY don't think that anyone who hasn't gone to decision should give up hope or even be dissapointed, for that matter. Besides, if you let yourself feel blahse about it, you may negatively impact your final exam prep and opportunity to beat a deferral or get in to a better school.

Nebulous

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: April 22, 2009, 12:46:39 AM »
if you let yourself feel blahse about it, you may negatively impact your final exam prep and opportunity to beat a deferral or get in to a better school.

This is truth.  But, it will be very, VERY difficult to bounce back from an outright rejection in time for finals.   

Those of you who went to Decision 12 A.M. on Monday are in, there's not point in dancing around it.  Your numbers are clearly fit for EA admittance -- still, I agree there's no substitute (be it a switch to Decision or access to the website) for having that letter in your hands. 

And whoever said Abigail is nice, I agree.  She's just doing what she's told and repeating what they tell her.  She sounds cute, and I hope to meet her one day. 

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 22, 2009, 01:05:04 AM »
I promise that if I get that letter in my hands, I won't try to say that it could still be a mistake. Fair?

And yeah, the main reason the later cycle sucks IMo is that it is butting up way too close to final exams. I may hear from Chicago on the day of my first or second exam, if they hold tru to "early May" (I have exams on the 4th and 7th.) *That* would be godawful, as I am more emotionally invested in Chicago than I am in GULC, even though my concern that I'm just off the line for Chicago ED is probably more founded than my (admittedly illogical, at this point) pessimism about GULC.

lsetudiante32

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »
still nothing in the mail today...so they probably didnt send out letters until Monday or Tuesday I'm guessing....

transferkill

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »
FT and PT applicant here. Still Complete today as of 4:52 pm. Anyone PT's go decision?

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
Somebody over in the yahoo group has posted in the database that they have been accepted to GULC(ea).  Wonder if it's just based off of a log in to the admitted students site or if they got their letter.

hahanana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »
PT only here, still Complete

rtj789

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »
has anyone's status who is at a t4 changed to "decision"? Looking around...i havent found one person.