Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!  (Read 62105 times)

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »
GULC really wants those application fees. 

By the way, still complete with today's update.

::sighs heavily and hangs head::

IVY1972

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2009, 11:17:41 PM »
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/faq.html

Check out the FAQ for transfer students - does anyone else notice ANOTHER change?

Besides them taking out the 10% in the "competitive students are typically in the top 15%" - they have now lowered the number of reported applications that they typically receive in a year for transfer apps.  It used to say 600 - now it only says they receive 400!!

We now have a 25% chance instead of a 16% chance of admission!  (As they typically take around 100 transfer students...and I bet its even better than 25% because they probably have to accept more than will actually go because people will apply to multiple schools)

Yes they are reporting an increase in applicants...but still, I've been assuming the base was typically 600 and they got more than that this year because of the bad economy.  Now the base can start at 400...sweet!

I'm not trying to dumpen your spirit, but the link you posted is from 2004...here is the updated link: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/TransferStudents.htm 

lsetudiante32

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2009, 12:55:30 AM »
So every picture file has data attached to it. In the pic that lawandbball uploaded, there was a thumbnail embedded with it.

He definitely altered the picture. Notice how the thumbnail had three lines of text in the first paragraph. He moved the date around. Etc. etc.

Yeah that was pretty nerdy of me to even point it out. But I thought it would reassure everyone that GULC hasnt sent out anything. And that's just really really lame that someone took the time to get peoples hopes up like that.

Droz

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2009, 05:22:57 PM »
so tonights prob gonna be another no update night.

Bob23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2009, 09:38:25 PM »
So every picture file has data attached to it. In the pic that lawandbball uploaded, there was a thumbnail embedded with it.

He definitely altered the picture. Notice how the thumbnail had three lines of text in the first paragraph. He moved the date around. Etc. etc.

Yeah that was pretty nerdy of me to even point it out. But I thought it would reassure everyone that GULC hasnt sent out anything. And that's just really really lame that someone took the time to get peoples hopes up like that.

There's also no handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt, which accompanies every acceptance letter. Definitely fake.

yakkityyak

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »
i wonder if dumbledore signed every admission to hogwarts. that would be sweet.

actually, i think he wrote everyone the letter

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »
I don't know why I always expect something to happen every day at midnight....  :-\

lsetudiante32

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2009, 12:55:16 AM »
Yeah its killing me right now. I have finals coming up and Id just like to have one less thing to worry about. I got offered a TA job for next year at my current school and I need to know if I am going to turn it down or not....and the deadline to tell them is coming up.

Crossing my fingers for this Monday...otherwise they're just teasing us!

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2009, 01:21:57 AM »
If by "teasing" you mean "following their deadline" ;)

I'm willing to bet that the Chicago ED folks hear before we hear from GULC EA this year. My first final is on the 4th, and it is the one that I am dreading most- how nice it would be to come home to a letter from GULC and Chicago saying "hey, congrats guy!"

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Being the obsessive person I am, I decided to try out the "accepted students page" at GULC and can gain access.

I'm still at complete though...

Can anyone else do the same?  What does this mean??