Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!  (Read 61800 times)

dinglehoser

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »
FWIW, I called today and got the same response ... no EA transfer decisions until early May.  This poses some problems, as my deposit for another school to which I was recently accepted is due May 1. Guess I'm gonna have to hedge my bets and eat the $150 ...

takumi

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
they are contacting because when they sent their transcripts it didn't list what they were taking second semester

This information doesn't seem relevant if they were going to accept one as EA vs defer until 2nd semester is in. Any thoughts?

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
they are contacting because when they sent their transcripts it didn't list what they were taking second semester

This information doesn't seem relevant if they were going to accept one as EA vs defer until 2nd semester is in. Any thoughts?

This is going to freak out so many people.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »
What is the ~rank of the schools for people getting contacted and what are their stats? It is probably not good news to be contacted since it most likely means they are concerned about what classes you will have completed or they are looking to see if you have a strong enough schedule to allow you to improve enough this semester to avoid rejection. I would bet it has more to do with deciding between defer and reject than defer and admit.

widennumber2

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
They contacted me.  I hope it isn't the case that I am going to be deferred.  I don't mean this to sound arrogant,  but I really don't think i can get better grades next semester.  I received a 3.99 last semester at a school in the 50s.  my school doesn't rank in between 1L semesters.  i know for a fact im in the top 5% though, and if I had to guess id say i'm in top 2%. (i think 3.6 is approx. top 10%)

What is the ~rank of the schools for people getting contacted and what are their stats? It is probably not good news to be contacted since it most likely means they are concerned about what classes you will have completed or they are looking to see if you have a strong enough schedule to allow you to improve enough this semester to avoid rejection. I would bet it has more to do with deciding between defer and reject than defer and admit.

lawtransfer22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
Yeah those don't sound like edge numbers, maybe it is nothing other than just making sure students will have an adequate number of credits after this year.

lsetudiante32

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
hopefully..fingers crossed.
above top 10%, 3.8, top 30s school. Went complete first week of March.

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
Anyone go to Decision with today's update?

beaverfuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure GULC asking for second semester schedules is more a function of our schools not listing that information on the transcript than it is an indication of whether they view you as a strong candidate (as someone alluded to above).

In terms of stats: I am first in my class at a west coast T3.

gulcea09

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »
I agree with beverfuzz - if they didn't post it the school just probably wants to know

As far as there being an increase number of apps this year - I think a lot has to do with the economy AND the fact that Gtown used to say on their website that those in the top 10/15% are competitive.  This year, they knocked out the 10 and now only say those in the top 15% are competitive...that would get more people applying for sure

Still complete here!