Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for Those Applying GULC (EA)!!
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
You may want to ask your letter writer to give you a signature-over-sealed envelope with a copy of the letter so that you can overnight it to GULC tomorrow.  I did the same just to make sure that everything arrived before the deadline.

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 01:47:34 PM »
I had my recommender fax the letter.  worked fine.

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »
Hey everyone, I finished supplying all the application materials on march 10th.

When you guys say "go complete" what exactly do you mean?

I haven't gotten an email from the school or anything saying they've recieved my app (I know I completed it recently), on the LSAC website it said that they requested my report, about a day after I sent it.

Basically asking when you guys heard anything from the school after applying, and also how long after. Thanks, and good luck.

Dongo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »
highhopes, by "complete" we mean having our status on the status checker say 'complete' instead of 'applied' or whatever (meaning they know you've submitted your LSAC app and have you on file).  While you may have all your materials in, until the admissions office processes it, you're not really complete.  The key, I think and I hope, is having everything in by Monday (tmw) and so long as (determinative) the pieces of your file are somewhere in their office, that should be enough to be within EA review, even if you're not technically 'complete' by tomorrow. 

They might send you an e-mail when you go complete, but I wouldn't know since I'm not complete yet  >:(

Their office is incredibly nice and helpful, both over the phone and through e-mail.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »
Thanks Dongo, good luck.

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »
How reliable is the GULC status checker? I applied EA to Georgetown several weeks ago. My letter of good standing was sent over two weeks ago. My LSDAS report was requested by GULC 11 days ago, and my professor faxed a letter of recommendation on Monday. By this account, I assume I made the March 16 deadline.

However, the online status check says that my file went complete today, March 17. Does anyone know whether that date reflects when the status was updated online? Or is this the date that the school uses when determining whether you have made the deadline.

Thanks!

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
Their website says it takes up to 2 weeks for them to assemble your application and mark it complete, I believe.

Everything was submitted on Thursday and they marked my application complete within the last couple hours.  I would guess they are assembling the last batch of applications prior to review.

Good luck everyone.

Dongo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure date on which you're marked complete doesn't indicate whether you made the EA cutoff.  Just as long as you had your materials in by the 16th, whether organized by the admissions office or not.

upgrade, remind me where you are again? 

Good luck guys!!

win45

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
Im complete but I just realized my LSAC report didn't have my full college grades on it because I used the same report I used when I applied to schools at the start of last year.  Do you think this will be a big deal?

Dongo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »
Not sure, win45.  But if you went complete, that's a good sign. 

Did you go complete today?