Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #840 on: May 05, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »
Yakkityyak:

My apologies.  Congratulations. 

I feel a bit like ToTransfer, who did not want to get his hopes up until he had the letter in his hand.  So pessimism continues, though not as strongly..

« Reply #841 on: May 06, 2009, 12:00:39 AM »
No worries dude, we're lawyers here; we're supposed to argue. My family dinner table is full of lawyers and doctors, so I'm used to contentious debate- :-) it ended happily anyways

« Reply #842 on: May 06, 2009, 12:01:09 AM »

« Reply #843 on: May 06, 2009, 05:21:18 AM »
i'm able to log-into the admitted students site.  my name appears on the screen, but there isn't anything specific to "transfers" on the site. 

are we certain this isn't another snafu?

« Reply #844 on: May 06, 2009, 05:28:58 AM »
It was not a "snafu" the first time.  They called it a technical error and then "fixed" it.  A few days later all the people who had access for those few hours before ToTransfer sent GULC an e-mail were once again given access. 

But I agree with your sentiments - there's no celebration until the letter arrives. 

« Reply #845 on: May 06, 2009, 05:34:57 AM »
The first round of acceptances had access to the Admitted Students site before we got our letters.

As much as I kept myself pessimistic the first time, now that the way things are working has been confirmed, probably  no reason to do what I did. Congratulations to the second round of acceptances.

« Reply #846 on: May 06, 2009, 05:45:06 AM »
Was able to get into the site as well. Hopefully this is a good sign.

« Reply #847 on: May 06, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
i can still access it; considering that i couldn't before i went to decision etc, i'm going to say legit... see ya discussion board (unless i apply to columbia...hee hee, always more worrying to do)

« Reply #848 on: May 06, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
i can still access it; considering that i couldn't before i went to decision etc, i'm going to say legit... see ya discussion board (unless i apply to columbia...hee hee, always more worrying to do)

in as well.  i can't believe you're leaving us already yak.  i feel so used. =)

« Reply #849 on: May 06, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »
Got access as well. I called the admissions office and the poker player that answered the phone wouldn't give me any info. She just said letters went out yesterday, and they have been having problems with EA transfer students getting access. But I would have to wait and see what the letter says. If after all this I didn't get in I will be really pissed. Almost as bad as all the people that got emails from Berkley saying they got in, only to find out it was a mistake...