Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #830 on: May 05, 2009, 04:17:07 PM »
Hmm, a waitlist doesn't make much sense when they could defer you to apply again and make more money from the app fee and judge your second sem grades. I'm in the Philly area so maybe I'll get a letter, but if not by Friday I don't think I'll be getting it for a long time. What were your stats (if got decision)?

« Reply #831 on: May 05, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »
The past few pages of this thread has that information.  If you keep reading this thread wherever it is you're going, we'll let you know how it turns out.  Philly?  I'd say by Friday you'll get a letter.

« Reply #832 on: May 05, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »
by friday? i would think tomorrow... its like a 3 hour drive

« Reply #833 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
Great thanks, if I get the letter before I leave I'll post details

« Reply #834 on: May 05, 2009, 05:06:03 PM »
Hmm, a waitlist doesn't make much sense when they could defer you to apply again and make more money from the app fee and judge your second sem grades. I'm in the Philly area so maybe I'll get a letter, but if not by Friday I don't think I'll be getting it for a long time. What were your stats (if got decision)?

how do they make more money by deferring you? I got deferred and all I have to do is fax in my 2nd semester grades, you don't reapply.

When people switch to decision they will either be accepted, wait listed, or rejected (however this is very unlikely).

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »

how do they make more money by deferring you? I got deferred and all I have to do is fax in my 2nd semester grades, you don't reapply.

When people switch to decision they will either be accepted, wait listed, or rejected (however this is very unlikely).

I'm not sure about the unlikeliness of (at least some) rejections.  I would say I am a pretty strong candidate for rejection. Maybe they sent out a mixed bag!

« Reply #836 on: May 05, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
Well, Monkeys already made it clear that waitlist is an option, but it turns out my friend remained Complete all summer, went to Decision sometime late June, and THEN was put on the waitlist. 

« Reply #837 on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
see, i can't believe it. i cannot find one other instance, and it turns out your friend got nailed like the rest did also. congrats neb, you're probably in. i imagine monkeys' friends are similar

« Reply #838 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »
Access to the admitted students' site.  They have my name right and everything. 

Yakky, seems everyone owes YOU an apology. 

« Reply #839 on: May 06, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »
same here. breathing huge sigh of relief