Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #710 on: April 29, 2009, 05:33:53 PM »
I'd like to know your reasoning, gmasonlaw.

First, we know from @gulcea09 that more acceptances are coming.  Second, we know that the first wave of acceptances were postmarked the same date. Third, the first wave of acceptance letters had a deadline for a seat deposit.  That means, there is a specific window for the first wave.  Fourth, we know that deferral letters have been sent randomly since the first wave of acceptances.  Fifth, we know from @gulcea09 that a decision will come next week, which corresponds to the deadline of the first wave.  Sixth, no part time acceptances have been reported.

So, it seems like a second wave of acceptance letters should come next week so there can be a specific window between the postmark of the acceptance and some seat deposit date.

[also, I think a non-overlapping set of windows would be easier overall for their admissions office]

« Reply #711 on: April 29, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
What is this scholarship form?  Did it come via email/mail?

The scholarship form came in the mail.  It arrived about a day after I got my acceptance letter. 

yeah i had sorta the same question.  I'm pretty sure you have to put your summer revenue...  What about the personal statement??  what are you going to write?

Thanks for the advice.  I didn't want to disclose my summer employment, but it seems like I'll have to.  It's sort of ridiculous how they want both a personal statement and a writing sample.  I think I'm going to do the 'legal philosophy' essay. 

Another question: what type of writing sample are you guys going to submit?  Memo, Brief or an essay assignment? 

« Reply #712 on: April 29, 2009, 06:15:47 PM »
I haven't gotten any kind of scholarship form.. what the hell  ???

« Reply #713 on: April 29, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
yea neither did i....

« Reply #714 on: April 29, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
So, calling them tomorrow about that one, heh.

« Reply #715 on: April 29, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
you guys are really gullible.

Droz

« Reply #716 on: April 29, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »
I'd like to know your reasoning, gmasonlaw.

First, we know from @gulcea09 that more acceptances are coming.  Second, we know that the first wave of acceptances were postmarked the same date. Third, the first wave of acceptance letters had a deadline for a seat deposit.  That means, there is a specific window for the first wave.  Fourth, we know that deferral letters have been sent randomly since the first wave of acceptances.  Fifth, we know from @gulcea09 that a decision will come next week, which corresponds to the deadline of the first wave.  Sixth, no part time acceptances have been reported.

So, it seems like a second wave of acceptance letters should come next week so there can be a specific window between the postmark of the acceptance and some seat deposit date.

[also, I think a non-overlapping set of windows would be easier overall for their admissions office]

i follow all of that other than the fact that the deferrals have been sent randomly.

« Reply #717 on: April 29, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »
one quick question for everyone here: is GULC your #1 choice?

« Reply #718 on: April 29, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
Nope, not even close.

« Reply #719 on: April 29, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
Nope, not even close.

Nah, me neither.  I mean, GULC is great, but I am at Mason in DC area now.  I honestly want to get out of DC.    Yale is my top choice.  Looks like I will have all A's this semester....so, I might have a long shot.