Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #660 on: April 27, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »
Have mine in, going to ask for a couple more after second semester.

« Reply #661 on: April 27, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
So I gave GULC a buzz about my app - they looked it up and said a decision will be made on my app next week- they said that not all of the acceptances were sent out...didn't say for what programs but just said next week will be my week.  They said that if people have questions to call them - they admitted that this year has been different and know its hard on us since they are not getting responses back until our finals.  They were VERY nice. 
My stats - 7th in class - PT program - tier 2
Still no letter in the mail.  Do you remember who you spoke with at g-town?  Not sure if I should call them or not.  Might just wait it out.  Did they indicate why this year is different than in years past?  Maybe more applicants?

« Reply #662 on: April 27, 2009, 01:54:19 PM »
So does this mean that there are people who are still complete and have not gotten a deferral. If this applies to you share with the forum so that we can get a feel for how many out there could be getting a decision next week.

« Reply #663 on: April 27, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
Not that i want to fan the fire or anything, but  do you all think a switch could occur tonight? The status checker was updated twice today, first at 03:07 pm and then again at 04:57 pm.

« Reply #664 on: April 27, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
I'm still at complete and haven't gotten a letter for deferral yet.  Top 10% at T2, moot court, few other things.  Sort of expected deferral from the start, but just getting tired of waiting.

« Reply #665 on: April 27, 2009, 02:32:41 PM »
also I only applied for FT.

« Reply #666 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »
So does this mean that there are people who are still complete and have not gotten a deferral. If this applies to you share with the forum so that we can get a feel for how many out there could be getting a decision next week.

Yes, applies to me.

« Reply #667 on: April 27, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »
Yeah. NO idea what's going on, but I know someone at my school, who was ranked above me, was rejected. Potential auto-ding too since that person got the rejection in the first round of letters.  I'm still at complete though, and definitely starting to think no news is bad news... Need to study for finals but keep obsessing over GULC status checker...

Also, only applied FT

Honestly, at this point, I wish they'd just reject me and get it over with.  (Or, you know, an acceptance letter would be kinda okay too.)  Between scouring LSD, transfer boards, and 24-7 status checking, I'm starting to feel like some kind of addict.   :o

« Reply #668 on: April 27, 2009, 07:56:36 PM »
Oh, besides to generally complain, point of that was: Who the heck knows what's going on at admissions?   ;D  Seems so much more random then last year~~

« Reply #669 on: April 27, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »
SO random - monkeys are you saying that this guy got a rejection letter and went decision last sunday?