Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #640 on: April 26, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »
Here's my new theory.  Deferral does not equal decision.   Only acceptance and rejection are decisions.

« Reply #641 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:22 AM »
Here's my new theory.  Deferral does not equal decision.   Only acceptance and rejection are decisions.

The Best Theory thus far!

« Reply #642 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:54 AM »
I think you are right.  My status still says "complete" even though I have my deferral letter in hand.  Either that- or they're just really dragging it about updating statuses. 

« Reply #643 on: April 27, 2009, 06:20:36 AM »
I think you are right.  My status still says "complete" even though I have my deferral letter in hand.  Either that- or they're just really dragging it about updating statuses. 

Mind sharing your status??

« Reply #644 on: April 27, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
well, I just got my deferal letter.. :-\ Honestly, I don't think they reject anyone in the early admission; they just simply defer you...Or do they reject? Best of luck to the rest still waiting!

« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
well, I just got my deferal letter.. :-\ Honestly, I don't think they reject anyone in the early admission; they just simply defer you...Or do they reject? Best of luck to the rest still waiting!
  :( well, you still get another bite out of the apple, as my civpro prof says.  did you apply both FT & PT?  what are your stats btw?

« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
If past years mean anything, some EA applicants get rejection letters.  If past years do not mean anything, everyone is either accepted or deferred this year. 

« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »
  :( well, you still get another bite out of the apple, as my civpro prof says.  did you apply both FT & PT?  what are your stats btw?

Yep, applied for both.... Top 2%/T4... well, we'll wait and see how bitter or sweet the second bite of the apple will be!

« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2009, 10:11:41 AM »
Is anyone planning on calling GULC to find out their status?  I realize I could easily do it myself, but I don't want to.

« Reply #649 on: April 27, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
So I gave GULC a buzz about my app - they looked it up and said a decision will be made on my app next week- they said that not all of the acceptances were sent out...didn't say for what programs but just said next week will be my week.  They said that if people have questions to call them - they admitted that this year has been different and know its hard on us since they are not getting responses back until our finals.  They were VERY nice. 

My stats - 7th in class - PT program - tier 2