Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Re: Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« Reply #620 on: April 26, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
so who thinks we are going to decision tonight?  sunday/monday midnight seems to be the magic time for things to happen - fingers crossed!

« Reply #621 on: April 26, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
have ppl in the past received ea rejections?  i dont see a way to search all the old posts to find out  >:(

Yes, they have.

gulcea09, if there is a switch tonight, care to speculate on what that may mean?  As I understand it, some people have received deferral letters while their status has remained complete.  You, Dongo, upgrade, and I (and others, I'm sure, but I'm not including sole-PT applicants here) remain at complete with no letter in hand.  Tell me your thoughts.   

« Reply #622 on: April 26, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »
Pure speculations: "decision" after mid-night signles second-round acceptance (for either full/part time) or right-out rejections.... what do you think? care to speculate? both my fingers and toes are crossed...lol

« Reply #623 on: April 26, 2009, 07:59:45 PM »
You, Dongo, upgrade, and I (and others, I'm sure, but I'm not including sole-PT applicants here) remain at complete with no letter in hand.  Tell me your thoughts.   

hi there. i'll speculate. i have a feeling gtown will be taking more transfers this year than in years past, especially pt transfers.  with PT programs now being ranked, i bet gtown will be more selective in taking incoming 1Ls into their pt devision.  so, they are relying on pt transfers to keep up their revenue.  anyone agree?

on the status checker thing, it looks like there was no friday update....so it seems like something will happen tonite

« Reply #624 on: April 26, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
Pure speculations: "decision" after mid-night signles second-round acceptance (for either full/part time) or right-out rejections.... what do you think? care to speculate? both my fingers and toes are crossed...lol

I doubt they are rejections unless each of us referenced another school, in place of Georgetown, in our personal statements.

« Reply #625 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »

i'm gonna say the next round of acceptances are pt only.

anyone here apply PT only?

« Reply #626 on: April 26, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »

i'm gonna say the next round of acceptances are pt only.
[/quot

Gmasonlaw-- you probably right about that... So, if you're still "compelete" and have not received any deferral, you have a shot at PT....Who in here applied just for PT???

« Reply #627 on: April 26, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »
PT only here and "complete."  i live in Fairfax, VA (about 10 miles away from gtown).  nothing in the mail.  i figure i would have gotten a deferral letter by now.   of course, i'm betting i'm just getting an ouright rejection.    some of my Mason classmates on here applied with better grades than me and were deferred  :(

« Reply #628 on: April 26, 2009, 08:40:09 PM »
PT only here and "complete."  i live in Fairfax, VA (about 10 miles away from gtown).  nothing in the mail.  i figure i would have gotten a deferral letter by now.   of course, i'm betting i'm just getting an ouright rejection.    some of my Mason classmates on here applied with better grades than me and were deferred  :(

Mind sharing your numbers...

« Reply #629 on: April 26, 2009, 08:44:07 PM »
Speculation time - I'm not going to lie - I love it

The deferral letters sent out after/or with the acceptances is throwing me off a bit on what I think is happening, but I'm going to stick with it until the end.  No deferral letter here or at my permanent address or school address - so this is what I think (hopefully) is happening:

Next decision round is PT acceptances and rejection letters -

PT Acceptances: no one is reporting any PT decisions, and they do take them EA for sure.  I truly think they consider all those for FT acceptances first, send them out, give them the earlier deadline, then one to two weeks later they send out PT decisions.  Two reasons why:  (1) Some people apply FT/PT - they may think that person is not FT potential but is okay for the PT program - lets face it, the stats for the PT program is less than the FT one - but obviously FT is more desirable.  (2) It'd make sense to have the FT acceptances send in their deposits before the PT acceptances because then Gtown can see who is not coming from the FT program and bump up PT people to FT if they think they might not meet numbers and that person express their interest

Rejection letters:  First round were FT acceptances and deferrals - if they already have these two categories done, PT acceptances and rejections are it. If they didn't think you're not good enough for the FT program (which already was picked) and they sent out deferrals (which they already did) you are either good enough for the PT program OR rejected, there is just nowhere else to go

Tonight at midnight! Fingers crossed