Law School Discussion

Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!

Dongo

• View Profile
Ultimate Thread for GULC EA!!
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »
Who else is applying GULC EA?!!

I'm at a school in the 40s!

How far along are you guys in applying EA?!

For reference, 2008 cycle progression:  http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,3009374.0.html

Dongo

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Thread for Those Applying GULC (EA)!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
And is anyone else "checking up" on your current school to make sure that they sent the letter of good standing and your transcript?

How would you do that?  Just call GULC?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
Did you put "GULC EA LSD Chearleader!" on your transfer application?

Droz

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »
what kind of grades do you have dongo?

Dongo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »
My first semester grades placed me, according to last year's distribution, around the top 5% or so (school in the 40s).

the yahoo group hasn't been very helpful for gauging what GULC EA does to top 5% applicants from my school; I've seen mixed results - some EA acceptances and some deferrals/acceptances, but very few denials.  I'm really hoping for an EA acceptance because I don't think I can get the same grades this semester..

How about you guys? Where do you fall?

Droz

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »
we receive ranks after 1st sem i am dying for an EA acceptance just in case something bad happens 2nd semester. although, from what i hear, if you can do it first semester, you can probably do it again 2nd.

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
I went complete a couple weeks ago.  I don't think I'll get in EA but I'm crossing my fingers.  I hope we hear in March.

Droz

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:52:02 PM »
I went complete a couple weeks ago.  I don't think I'll get in EA but I'm crossing my fingers.  I hope we hear in March.

what kind of numbers are you looking at?

Also, will they release all decisions at the same time? If so, I have banked on not hearing anything til any earlier than April 10 or so.

;;;;;

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:54:16 PM »

Also, will they release all decisions at the same time? If so, I have banked on not hearing anything til any earlier than April 10 or so.

3.75 Law School GPA (roughly top 5%) from Tier 4, 154 LSAT, 3.71 undergrad.  Again, probably too weak to be admitted EA, although I have heard GULC seems to like to take transfer students from my lowly school.

I have no idea about when they release decisions.  I'm trying to forget about it, although that isn't terribly easy.

Best of luck to everyone.

Droz

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »

hmm seems pretty good to me. who knows though really. i havent really found transferapps to be all that helpful in gauging possibilities.
3.75 Law School GPA (roughly top 5%) from Tier 4, 154 LSAT, 3.71 undergrad.  Again, probably too weak to be admitted EA, although I have heard GULC seems to like to take transfer students from my lowly school.

I have no idea about when they release decisions.  I'm trying to forget about it, although that isn't terribly easy.

Best of luck to everyone.