Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lets cut the crap and take action!  (Read 1468 times)

inalotofdebt

• View Profile
Lets cut the crap and take action!
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Thank you for reading. I am a 2L at a school ranked between Yale and Cooley. I have read LSD from the time I decided started studying for the lsat. This is my first post.

I am so sick of people posting about thier class rank (if you dont get a job through OCI get your ass in gear and go find a job!), debt load, and school rank (for example, Hey guys I am ranked in the top 15/26th of the class and am on moot court please tell me what my job prospecs are?) 

My main female dog is when people female dog about the debt load they are taking on. My debt load is also very high. I will have about 110K and if my summer employer offers me a job I will make 70K with a 10k raise each year. Money will be tight!

I wanted to make this post a forum for action not a forum to female dog even more! So those of us that feel a little over our head with the student debt lets brainstorm about ideas that can make us an extra couple hundred $ a month to take a little pressue off.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Lets cut the crap and take action!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
There's some guy paying $2 a piece for casebriefs*.

*Terms and restrictions apply.

inalotofdebt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
So I see thanks for starting us off Earl

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
Thank you for reading. I am a 2L at a school ranked between Yale and Cooley. I have read LSD from the time I decided started studying for the lsat. This is my first post.

I am so sick of people posting about thier class rank (if you dont get a job through OCI get your ass in gear and go find a job!), debt load, and school rank (for example, Hey guys I am ranked in the top 15/26th of the class and am on moot court please tell me what my job prospecs are?) 

My main female dog is when people female dog about the debt load they are taking on. My debt load is also very high. I will have about 110K and if my summer employer offers me a job I will make 70K with a 10k raise each year. Money will be tight!

I wanted to make this post a forum for action not a forum to female dog even more! So those of us that feel a little over our head with the student debt lets brainstorm about ideas that can make us an extra couple hundred $ a month to take a little pressue off.

You should sell your car and ride a bike everywhere. Maybe get rid of your cable. Oh, and stop eating out so much.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »
you should get a job that pays better...

And, stop complaining about people whining about being broke and unemployed when you are complaining about being broke and underemployed.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
you should get a job that pays better...

And, stop complaining about people whining about being broke and unemployed when you are complaining about being broke and underemployed.

My thoughts exactly...

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »
I don't think OP was complaining so much as looking for money-making ideas.  I'm going to worry about grades, not money while I'm in school because I know if I do well I can graduate with a bigger shovel to dig out of the debt.  Any work I take while I'm in school is barely going make a difference.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
Why is money going to be tight?

Stole Your Nose!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
When your loan payment is $30-40k a year, it takes a bite out of just about any starting salary....

The smarter time investment though is to rock your grades, get a clerkship, then ditch your $70k firm and find one paying more.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
When your loan payment is $30-40k a year, it takes a bite out of just about any starting salary....

The smarter time investment though is to rock your grades, get a clerkship, then ditch your $70k firm and find one paying more.

But $110k in loans doesn't pan out to $34-40k a year in payments.  I know - I have MORE debt than that, and my payments are significantly less (only about $12k a year or so).  Yes, that's with the 30 yr repayment plan, but it doesn't make sense to do a shorter payment plan if it means you can't survive on your pay check.

And if you get bonuses, etc., you can always pay extra.