Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: uc  (Read 612 times)

ohioan

• View Profile
uc
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »
I just got an email that I am accepted to University of Cincinnati (ranked 52). I also just got an email from an IP biotech atty (what I wish to become) at an excellent firm who said, the key factor to getting a law job outside a t14 school, is your class rank. Hands down.  He also said that firms have favorites and do hire locally. So you also have to consider where you want to work and live.

Given this, let me pose this question. I like a city environment with lots to do, so Chicago beats Cinci. I want to go to a strong legal market, so again, Chicago beats Cinci. I want to go to the highest ranked school I can get into (consistently higher ranked) and that I can be in the top 10% of the class. So, I would think that Cinci is better for this (I am close to their 75% LSAT). Plus, I should get in state tuition. I have a 15K/yr scholarship to DePaul in Chicago, which has a recognized IP program, but poor job placement (IMO). Call me crazy, but don't you think Cinci is the best choice here?