Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Extracurricular activities question  (Read 1347 times)

JudeLaw

• View Profile
Extracurricular activities question
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
My question regards answering that extracurricular activities question on all law school apps.  I'm 34 and obtained my undergraduate degree about ten years ago, and have since spent most of that time in the workforce.  So how should I answer this question?  Should I list extracurricular activities I was involved with ten years ago??  The question says you can also list community or "other" activities?  Well, to be honest, I can't really say that I've been that involved with many community activities lately.  So how broad do you think the "other" category is?  Should I write that I enjoy playing racquetball and watching old movies???  That would be the truth and they are "other" activities, but I'm not sure they're really interested in my hobbies.  But I don't want to leave the question blank!

Also, being an older student with fairly substantial work experience, how much do you think it will hurt me if I'm weak in this one area of the application?

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Extracurricular activities question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »
You can agnonize over this but law schools don't care at all  :)  Maybe list the stuff you did in UG?  I mean, the application is not really for non-trads.  Most of the questions make the most sense for a 22-year old to answer. The older you get, the less relevant some of these questions become.  But again, law schools care about LSAT/GPA - not activities.