Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Reasoning  (Read 652 times)

nooyyllib

Logical Reasoning
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:21:23 PM »
Yeah so, I really really REALLY need help.

I've currently went through PTs up to 36 - that's about 1200 questions.  Solved all the LR questions on them.  Initially, I got 15 wrong each section timed.  Then I did untimed sections and once I was getting steady 4-6 wrong I began to time myself again.  The number of incorrect questions tend to be fluctuating like crazy.  Once I would get 4 wrong on a section, once I would get 6, and once I would get 10.  June 09 is fast approaching and I want to save up 10 exams 50-60 for May so I can take those up to the June exam.  So that means I only have 37 to 49 that I havent solved before. 

Have anyone experienced this? I'm really really frustrated and confused, almost angry.

Also its not like I don't go over the wrong questions thoroughly. 

Should I go over the PTs from the beginning again?

Please give me some advice.  Thanks.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Logical Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:37:16 PM »
When you list out the incorrect questions from the PT's you've done, is there a common thread to the question types you miss? You really need to dominate Must Be True, Weaken, Strengthen, & Assumption. On the last 3, dominate simple argumentation - can you quickly spot the premises, sub conclusions, & main conclusions in an argument? Once you can do that, are you able to quickly understand whether it's valid or invalid reasoning? I love the intro in Superprep for this.

Have you read through Superprep? How many times? Not just the intro, but the tests as well..

As far as going over the PT's again, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Like you said, you've done 1200 LR problems..I'm sure you don't remember them all.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

han solo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
I am going through the questions I have missed on PTs and classifying the question type according to the guidelines in Superprep.  It is actually very helpful and lets you see some definitive patterns in the kinds of questions you're missing.

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:53:11 AM »
I want to save up 10 exams 50-60 for May so I can take those up to the June exam. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the last released test is PT 56.  However, the good news is the 06/2007 released exam was not numbered.  So, if you want to save the ten most recent exams, you'll have to save 48-56 and the 06/2007 exam.  Sorry. 
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

PetitBonaparte

• He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
Once you have identified the question type, do you go back and try to find a pattern on why and how you answered incorrectly? Then do you review those questions after a few weeks?

I have a similar problem as you. I was able to narrow down mistakes to 6-7 untimed but I don't have a question type that I consistently answer incorrectly. It usually boils down to the individual questions and content, which is why I go back and dissect the stimulus and answer choices to see I'd there is a pattern in the way I am snswering these questions incorrectly. It helps a lot and I'm hoping to cut down my untimed mistakes before moving on to timed sections. I find that if you are comfortable witht the questions untimed, theb doing them under timed conditions will also get easier.

HTH
LSN - Logic will break your heart.